[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swollen prostate in dog.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: saddoggo.jpg (131 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
saddoggo.jpg
131 KB, 1300x867
Any dog owners here that have had a dog with swollen prostate? Vet says it's common for older dogs and he should be neutered, but I don't like the idea of castrating my pet.
Anyone have had this issue? What did you do?
Should I neuter my dog?

pic is how my dog will look once neutered, please think kindly about it.
>>
Neutering is not castration and you should have neutered your dog before a year of age. You are now forcing your dog to suffer because of some kind of misplaced "manly" psyche.

Neutering does not affect dogs negatively, and you're a fucking retard if you think it does.

Is your dog also a pug? If it is, just stomp it out. Easiest solution to all pug related problems.
>>
>>2094831
>you're forcing your dog to suffer! You are a fucking retard!
>stomp the dog
I'm not forcing him to suffer, I discovered the symptoms just yesterday and today I went to the vet. If castration is the only way I'll do it, but I wanted some other opinions that's why I came here.
Also, plenty of vets don't recommend early castration, and my dog didn't have any problems until recently.
>>
>>2094837
>continue using incorrect word because you are so incredibly insecure in your manhood and heterosexuality that you have to use your dog as a vessel for it

you own a pug, admit to yourself that you are gay. it is okay to be gay.

>hurr should i just do what my veterinary DOCTOR said or should I ask a 4chan message board and then do what those guys said??

stomp yourself too.

>Also, plenty of vets don't recommend early
Plenty of nuclear scientists believe in god too. It means they picked the wrong profession.
>>
>>2094823

>I don't like the idea of getting my dog neutered
>the vet recommends it
>my dog has an illness that would go away if he was neutered
>pic is how my dog will look once neutered, please think kindly about it.

You remind me of an anti-vaccine woman.
>>
>>2094837
>plenty of vets don't recommend early castration
That doesn't mean 'don't neuter your dog at all', you gigantic idiot.
>>
Same thing happened to my childhood dog years ago, OP. You should neuter your dog. He's better lacking balls than suffering fucking cancer, and if he dies from that prostate you'll never forgive yourself.
>>
>>2094845
you cut the dogs balls, if it isn't castration, what is it then?

>>2094848
I didn't say I won't do it. I wanted to see if the surgery was necessary. That's why I asked if anyone here the same issue, to see if other people dealt with the problem the same way.

Also, what did I say that triggered you so hard?
If the pet had said any other type of surgery I'd have done the same.
Jesus, it's like you guys think I'm some redneck who wants the dog to suffer.
>>
>>2094823
listen to the advice the medical professional gave you instead of prolonging your dog's suffering
>>
>>2094857
>you cut the dogs balls, if it isn't castration, what is it then?

NEUTERING, RETARD
>>
>>2094859
>>2094856
Thanks for the replies. Seems like there is really no other way.
I'll schedule the surgery asap, for those who are concerned.
>>
>>2094866
good to hear, hope he recovers well.
>>
why is everyone in this thread so hostile? are all dog owners this upset over nothing all the time? welp, back to my /herp/ thread I guess.
>>
>>2094875
Tired of same stupid sentiments coming from people, like neutering your dog is somehow bad.

>b-but it changes their personality
yeah, slightly, in a way that makes their and your life better.
>>
>>2094876
It's not just that, I've heard from people that vets recommend neutering for no reason, and only after that they get to actual treatment.
>>
I've worked as a vet tech for 4+ years and work side-by-side vets in and out of surgery nearly every day.

I am basically an animal nurse, and only a somewhat decent one at that.

The benefits of neutering your dog outweigh any of the possible negatives, but the negatives do exist. Research your stuff, preferably from reputable and knowledgable sources like VIN if possible.

And we in the field most definetly do refer to neutering as castration. That is the medical term.
>>
>>2094823
Aaaaaaahh, pugs.

There is just something about their deformed squishy faces that makes me wanna torture them endlessly. Perhaps one of these days I'll buy a pug just to make it suffer.
>>
>Owns a pug, aka a breed literally inbred to the point of cruelty
>Didn't neuter his dog at an appropriate age like a massively irresponsible dog owner
>Projects his masculinity onto his dog and sincerely believes his dog gives a fuck about his balls
>Honesty believing leaving his dog in tact is worth him suffering horrific illness, pain, and cancer, all because his deformed view of masculinity is projected onto his dog
N E U T E R Y O U R D O GALAXY
E
U
T
E
R

Y
O
U
R

D
O
G
>>
>>2094875
Because we are tired of retards asking the same question and projecting their fragile masculinity onto their dog. You are putting the health of your animal in jeprody because YOU need your dog to have balls for some fucking perverse reason.

Fuck people that don't fix their animals, senpai.
>>
>>2094857
>triggered
because retards ask the same stupid questions every day and think they're aren't fucking stupid
>>
>>2094860
The difference being?
>>
>>2094845
>Plenty of nuclear scientists believe in god too. It means they picked the wrong profession.

I smell an autistic
>>
>>2094845
>Plenty of nuclear scientists believe in god too. It means they picked the wrong profession.
Because literally nothing produced by nuclear science refutes any Abrahamic faith?

They don't occupy the same niche, since theology, unlike any natural science, is ontological at its core.
>>
>>2095351
It's nothing to do with any contradiction other than this one: you cannot be simultaneously married to faith and logic. One contaminates the other without fail.
>>
File: Ir905bR.gif (595 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
Ir905bR.gif
595 KB, 460x600
>>2095363
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.