[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vets rushing cat spays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 20160329_224805.jpg (2 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160329_224805.jpg
2 MB, 4160x2340
I have a kitten who recently got spayed by the local vet, and honestly i think they rushed this and made a mess of her, ive never seen an incision this large, and before the kitten pulled them out (ive never had a kitten be able to pull them out) immediately she had crappy looking stitches, i took her back, said "your stitches sucked fix it" (paraphrasing) and they gave her two even more fucked up looking staples.

Is this normal? Do vets rush female neutering? Can i take her to a different vet for better stitches? What do?
>>
Bump, need some advice on this, yes I know I'm not posting in a general but their treatment of my cat is leaving me very suspicious
>>
>>2090832
>those staples

I'm very used to surgical glue and dissolvable stitches, which are stitched differently and much less noticeable. Those are average stitches, just different than the dissolvable. The incision would be bigger than normal if they couldn't find everything they needed, or couldn't get it all out with a smaller one. If anything, it would be very small if they wanted to rush. It looks average to me. I think the staples are overkill. Your cat will have to go in once again to get the stitches and staples removed.

Now to me, it looks all healed up. I'm assuming those two big stitches are the ones closing what the kitten had opened. In which case, they really can't do much more that that. The staples look unnecessary to me but who knows, I don't have the cat's bio. If you are unsure about your vet, definitely go shopping for another. In the future, get one of those cloth cones for cats with stitches, especially If they are dissolvable (I prefer dissolvable because it doesn't require removal, but they can be more easily damaged), try to keep the incision are out of water, and attempt to limit the cat's activity.
>>
>>2090858
Thank you very, very, much, well take her back to the same one to get them (stitches and staples) out but if you think its healed then we wont ask someone elses opinion. What's a cloth cone I might ask?
>>
>>2090832

It looks ridiculous, especially the staples, they are definitely not standard, but, if it's healing it's not an issue. the important bit is the wound healing, now how pretty the stitches are.
>>
>>2090832
The only thing that's weird to me is the staples. I hope they aren't trying to jew you by making you pay to take them out.
>>
>>2090865
You know the cone of shame? They make inflatable cloth ones. You can generally buy them at your local pet store like Petsmart although your vet should have at least given you one of those flimsy plastic ones
>>
Those staples look like a fucking accident waiting to happen. if the cat pickes at them, I imagine they could get loose and the cat might swallow them
>>
>>2090919
Oh right, yeah, shes got the plastic cone and shes getting pretty depressed from wearing it
>>
>>2091064
If she's really unhappy about the cone you could take it of for a while under supervision. that way she can stretch, wash etc. while you're there to intervene if she starts to pick at the stitches
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.