[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
My bird happy escaped from the cage and im not sure on what too do with my other bird im kinda worried about maybe she will be distressed? also how can i tame her?
>>
It's a fuckbillion times easier to catch loose birds if you turn the lights off.
>>
>>2090744
>escaped from the cage
but it's still in the house, yes??
>>
outside?

did you try to look for it? i had two budgies that got out, outside, and they were both back in the house in less than 5 minutes... one never left my garden, and she let me pick her up and put her back in her cage... the other (her mate) flew back after flying past the neighbor's house, and i found him just behind the garden fence where he let me pick him up and bring him back home (he called to me when i whistled to him and i found him that way)

don't rely on clipped wings ever either btw, my conure once jumped off me and ended up in a tree top... she jumped from tree to tree flock calling to me every time i couldn't find her (she'd only stop when she was in my line of vision then she was clucking and purring 'til i'd tell her to get down and then she was flying to a new tree and repeating the process) for an hour, flying around outside, until she decided to jump back up on my shoulder and come home with me (the walk back she was just cuddling and purring like nothing happened, but now she never goes out without a harness, even though she did hundreds of times before that) they can fly way better than you'd think with clipped wings...

i'm sure to an extent i got lucky, but considering every bird i've had that's gotten out came back home it seems like the odds of finding your bird aren't impossible... my conure is tame, but my budgies were only semi tame

so look for your bird, maybe ask people in your area you might find it... and if not see if your other bird seems lonely or depressed and consider getting it a friend...

you just gotta spend time with your bird to tame it, even if it's just sitting in its vicinity talking and whistling for a bit (when they make noise make noise back) handfeeding helps too, and sharing food (eat something near the bird, and offer it to them)
>>
File: 1406523677941.jpg (5 KB, 90x90) Image search: [Google]
1406523677941.jpg
5 KB, 90x90
I want to get a senegal parrot but I cant if its too noisy or I will be evicted. Does anybody know the amount of noise it makes? Does it quiet down at night?
>>
Guys I have a question, I have two ringneck parrots (male and female) and holy fuck they are so loud. I've got more parrots but they are the loudest ones I've ever seen. I can't stand them yelling without reason for a whole fucking day. They've got food, water, plenty of toys, perches, yet they still fucking scream. Doesn't matter if they're in cage or outside, THEY STILL FUCKING SCREAM.
What to do? Even my cockatoo doesn't make THAT much noise.
>>
>>2090755
But then you can't see it to catch it.
>>
>>2092808
I've talked to several bird fosters, rescues, and breeders, and literally all of them say ringnecks are the loudest they've had to deal with. So... Yeah...
>>
>>2090866

Solid advice.

Just wanted to touch on the topic of clipped wings a bit. The reason why clipped birds seem to fly forever when they escape, is because they have no idea how to fly. They can't turn, hover, and have no idea how to stop. They usually just kind of crash into trees, especially if they're larger.

My eclectus is fully flighted. He's escaped twice, and before he was flighted he'd sit in a tree all day and call to me. No idea how he wasn't hawk food, but after a while I got an apple and ate it in front of him. He flew right down at me. Missed a couple of feet since he wasn't flighted though.

He still wears a harness outside because there's outside factors I can't control, like hawks. But now that he knows his to fly, he can go in circles, hover, and its building his flight muscles around his keel. This is important in order to prevent 'perch potato' birds.
>>
>>2092785
>>2092785
Even the jet engine loud birds tend to be quiet at night, as long as it's dark.

That said, a lot of birds favorite screaming time is right before they go to sleep, and at sunup.
>>
>>2093093

oh in my case she knows how to fly... she was fully flighted all fall + winter (my budgies actually taught her), and she was just being bratty same way she did in the house with the stairs, curtainrod, and this one painting while she was fully flighted except on a larger more terrifying scale

her wings are clipped to a point where she can still get across a room and even fly a loop... i just also live in mountains right now and the elevation worked to her advantage

actually what i found surprising is that she flew really fucking good with clipped wings and was able to make turns and such (in a less terrifying situation i would've been more impressed watching her fly like that, cuz even as scared as i was i remember just thinking "holy shit she's good at that")

the entire thing was mostly her being a brat about stepping up, and at one point in the middle she jumped to my shoulder and then flew off again when i went to touch her with my hand (i thought if i held her i could get her back inside easier) i only got her cuz she purposely flew somewhere low ( she flew far away to somewhere i could reach her but had to walk to and called to me 'til i got close enough for her to jump on my shoulder), and then let her cuddle into my neck without trying to touch her and then she stayed on my shoulder for the walk home purring and shit even while i crawled through bushes and even though it was much further away from the first place she jumped on me

sounds like whether or not they know how to use them clipped wings aren't reliable though...

hawks were all i kept thinking about when it happened too
>>
>>2093093
Eclectus parrots seem like great birds. How is he personalitywise? I have a caique, seems like they're the polar opposite of eclectuses.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.