[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The bulb to my snake lamp just blew. What is something cheap,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Bob.jpg (6 KB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
Bob.jpg
6 KB, 168x200
The bulb to my snake lamp just blew.

What is something cheap, reliable, that I can use.

For now could I use a regular blue light bulb? Not ment for reptiles?

I just fed my ball python, so it needs the heat.

Thanks in advance guys.
>>
File: AugIDr.png (165 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
AugIDr.png
165 KB, 500x372
>lamp
>ball python

Let me guess; it lives in a glass tank, on aspen bedding, with a half log hide, and you fed it a mouse.

They don't need lamps. They need belly heat. Buy a heat mat and do it right now.
>>
>>2089456
Yes you are fucking right.
Exactly that.

But if I put a heat mat under the tank where the snake sits, won't be leaning to one side.

Please help man, Thanks.
>>
>>2089459

You need to overhaul everything because you're doing literally all of it wrong. Read a care sheet for literally like 5-10 minutes.

As for heat, go to the pet store or amazon.com. Buy an under-tank heat (UTH) that will fit 1/3 to 1/2 of the bottom of the enclosure. It's a thin mat and they typically come with rubber feet to place on the corners of your shitty glass tank. You also NEED a thermostat to control it. Otherwise it will reach temperatures exceeding 100 degrees and burn your cold, underfed, dehydrated snake.
>>
>>2089461
Sorry, for being such a noob.
I appreciate the help bro.

I like ordering online and shit, can you please link me some shit that I will need for sure.

What do I need to overhaul?
>>
Bamp
>>
>>2089464

1. You need a better enclosure. Glass is shit because it likely has a screen top and therefore will not retain proper humidity. Plastic enclosures will work best, if you want to stay cheap, just buy a Sterilite or Rubbermaid sweaterbox or underbed box. 41 quart is a good size.

2. Aspen is shit because it is dry and dusty and does not retain humidity, and it molds when wet. It's absolutely terrible for ball pythons. You need coco husk or coco fiber. A good brand is Eco Earth. There are different varieties, I prefer chips/shredded type. There's also a kind that comes in bricks that you soak in water, but I find to be way too much work and too messy.

3. You need two hides that are identical and completely enclosed and dark. It should be a very snug fit when your BP crawls in there. Look for the black plastic reptile hide boxes, they are cheap and easy to clean.

4. As mentioned, you need a UTH and a thermostat. Zoo-Med and Flukers make decent heat mats. Hydrofarm makes a cheap and decent thermostat with a probe.

All of the above items can be found on Amazon.

5. A ball python that just hatched is able to eat an adult mouse, so anyone who feeds their adult BP on mice is severely underfeeding. Your snake needs appropriately sized rats. You need to know the gram weight of your snake to determine what size rats it requires. Get a digital kitchen scale, weigh your snake, and feed it a rat 10%-15% of its body weight. Pic related.

Use Google for once in your life and search things like "ball python setup / enclosure", "ball python feeding", "ball python humidity".
>>
>>2089482
I don't care for snakes but you seem like a really helpful dude. Good on you m8
>>
>>2089482
This. Right. Here.
>>
>>2089482

1. Next time I go to Walmart ill get one. The only reason why I like glass is because it shows off the snake.

2. Aspen is shit. http://www.amazon.com/Carib-Sea-SCS00211-Reptiles-10-Quart/dp/B00BUFYSUC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1459051621&sr=8-3&keywords=coco+husk+bedding
Is this good enough?

3.http://www.amazon.com/ROLL-REPTILES-Reptile-Hide-Box/dp/B018FZPBI2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1459051815&sr=8-2&keywords=plastic+reptile+box

4. I still don't know what to get for this.

5. People at the shop always recommended me smaller shit.
If I feed a rat how often would it be?
>>
>>2089482
I appreciate your help a fucking truckload, like really bro, thank you. I am eternally grateful :^)
Because of your help my snake will be happier.

>>2089506
>>2089490
This anon is kind, we need more people like that in this world.
>>
>>2089482
Forgot to mention that I have a 20 gallon tank as well.
>>
>>2089523
>>2089526
>>2089534

holy shit anon, >>2089482 wrote out all that shit for you and you are still being a dumb fuck. you are asking a questions THAT IS ANSWERED BY THE FUCKING CHART HE POSTED. do you seriously expect people to spoonfeed every single little detail to you and hold your hand through every step? they literally wrote out the brands of shit you need and you still can't figure it out. you are hopeless.
>>
>>2089549
Please calm down. OP is trying to give his sneke a better life and you are being rude.
>>
>>2089549
>>2089553
Exactly, I searched everything up, in terms of guides and everything, they don't give the best of advice.

I posted that just so I could get a response like ''perfect'' or ''good''

Like anon said, I am trying to provide my snake a happy life, because that will bring me joy as well.

You can go and fuck yourself faggot.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.