[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pupper travel anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: bummed-out-dog.jpg (305 KB, 1024x536) Image search: [Google]
bummed-out-dog.jpg
305 KB, 1024x536
My parents have a black lab x some sort of pit mutt who is absolutely lovely and well behaved despite her tremendous about of energy. Very obedient and calm for the most part until you signal to her that it's time for play and then she just explodes into sudden energy, and at the same time can immediately turn that off and calm down once you let her know playtime is over. Good on walks, with kids, other dogs, cats, everything but my parents often go on vacation and bring their two dogs and she gets pretty listless during them. She's fine in the car but it's obviously she just uncomfortable being away from home for more than a day. They vacation where I work so I spent time with her and walk her but I feel so bad about how bummed out she seems. She isn't aggressive or tries to get away, and though meekly she will still press her head against strangers for them to pet her but she doesn't even seem to appreciate the walks and just wants to go lay down with her bone. It isn't a loud place buzzing with people either, it's fairly quiet full of old people.

How can we fix this and make her feel more comfortable away from home? She loves new places but it's just after being away for more than a day does she get bummed out. Can it be fixed at all? She's about 5-6 years old now.

Pic sort of related as she makes this face 24/7 when she's like that.
>>
firstly, post pics

second, play with her, reward her when she's happy. make a positive association with being away from home
>>
File: doggo.jpg (21 KB, 213x320) Image search: [Google]
doggo.jpg
21 KB, 213x320
>>2087318
I currently cannot find a single pic of her but I'll see if my brother will send me one. She looks like this, only her head is a little wider and her eyes have more of that smaller' squinty look apbts have and her ears perk up more. She also has white spots on her toes.

She also just doesn't play at all. Just mopes around. At most, she will take her bone if I offer her it and chew on it once or twice before laying back down to mope. Its sad to see her go from the happiest dog alive to just be a sad sack of shit but since she doesn't freak out, misbehave or anything I'm not sure whether or not I should talk to my parents about just not bringing her at all.
>>
>>2087321
If they go on vacation often what would be their other option? Would they hire a pet sitter or would they crate her where she would still be away from home and still be unhappy
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.