[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently lost my pet bird due to my own faults. Basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: cockatiel-253x300.jpg (11 KB, 253x300) Image search: [Google]
cockatiel-253x300.jpg
11 KB, 253x300
I recently lost my pet bird due to my own faults.

Basically what happened was that it was a pretty warm day so I thought when I gave my bird a bath that she didn't need a dry cleaner to dry her up like usual. Then when I got home late at night, I noticed she had a raspy voice and I knew I was in trouble. I planned to take her to the vet next morning but she passed away before that.

The house feels pretty empty because I live alone. I get depressed when I go near the place where her cage used to be or just being inside the house kind of sucks too without her.

It's been weeks since she passed (less than a month). I have this urge to get another bird or pet but I don't want to kill it like the last time.

What should I do?
>>
>>2086962
I know that feel.

I gave my cat who was very thin and dying a prescribed medication for appetite that I suspected would kill him, and it did.

Don't get another pet for a while. I'm not sure how egregious a mistake you made since I don't know a ton about birds, but consider reading up more on whatever pet you get next.
>>
>Get new bird that looks different (Different pattern, different species, dosent matter)
>Name bird something that doesn't even sound like original birds name
>Put bird in a new location of the house
>Love bird
>Get bird to love you back
>Remember what you did to first bird
>Never do it again

I was in the same boat you were anon

RIP Richard
>>
File: IMG_2092.jpg (217 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2092.jpg
217 KB, 960x720
>be me, real young
>have first parrot, its a cockatiel
>know nothing about proper bird diet
>feed it nothing but seeds and millet
>one day im at my desk, the bird is on my shoulder
>it has a fucking stroke or some shit and and falls off my shoulder and dies right there
>i am traumatized
skip ahead half a year
>get new bird, it's a green cheek conure
>do everything completely right
>even train it to do some really neat stuff >feelsgoodman
>my parents fucking kill him by accident
>he flew into a door and hit his head
>i was like 10 minutes away from home and would have taken the bird out myself
>it was 100% avoidable
>feelsbadman
>am sad
haven't gotten a bird since. I really do love them though. Their intelligence and desire for affection amazes me.
pic related, was my bird
RIP Joker
>>
>>2087161
don't know why the picture is flipped sorry
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.