[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a rat in my house, and its like a fucking Tom and Jerry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: rat_6.jpg (223 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
rat_6.jpg
223 KB, 1920x1280
I have a rat in my house, and its like a fucking Tom and Jerry cartoon trying to kill the little faggot. He will NOT eat the rat poison I left out for him, but he does somehow eat the peanut butter and cheese off of the mouse traps without setting them off. Ive come to find out they can somehow climb staight up or down walls really quickly. I have very keen hearing now from this whole ordeal, Ill hear him moving around in the kitchen in the middle of the night and try to kill him with a shovel, but hes managed to get away. Its really pissing me off.
Just a few minutes ago, one of the mouse traps got a piece of him. I heard a trap go off...it only got some hair off him.
Oh yeah. Glue traps dont work either. Hes somehow able to just overpower them or hes just pushing the tray around.
Will a rat drink antifreeze?
Whats the best way to kill this nigger?
It would be really satisfying to finally catch him in the open and stomp his guts out.
>>
bb gun
>>
>>2080018
Can you borrow a cat from a friend?
>>
File: 1447483236814.jpg (27 KB, 540x371) Image search: [Google]
1447483236814.jpg
27 KB, 540x371
>>2080018
>Whats the best way to kill this nigger?

Uh, don't? A humane mouse trap is guaranteed to work. It's a little box (usually plastic) with a one-way door. Once the mouse enters, it's trapped. You just take the box outside and set the mouse free, preferably a great distance from your home.

These traps aren't costly at all. They might run you $10 at the most, and they can be continuously reused.

Bait it with peanut butter or anything that has a strong odor. The mouse should climb right in.

Don't kill the mouse, you jerkass. Just trap it and set it free somewhere. It's not going to bite you. Mice are extremely timid and won't resort to biting unless you actually put them in a corner and start poking them with your finger or some shit.
>>
>>2080095
don't be retarded
>>
>>2080095
>muh furbaby!
>>
>>2080095
OP said rat, and posted a picture of a rat. Which have a surprisingly nasty bite as I learned when I was dumb enough to try and rescue one from my cat when I was a kid
>>
>>2080119
>>2080115
>>2080108
Or maybe dont be a shit to a non aggressive animal just trying to survive. Using cages and humane traps always work and usually better. people just dont like them because they want to be shitty people and harm animals
>>
>>2080018
Someone who has worked in the pest control industry, don't listen to this guy >>2080095

Rats are smart as fuck, especially the older ones, they often have experience with the regular traps people put down and know how to bypass them.

First, you need to figure out how the fucker got in your house in the first place, look in the top corners of your basement for holes, if there are vents for the washer and dryer that lead out make sure it has some type of fencing.

Now that ya have it completely stuck in the house, I'd suggest ordering a really gnarly trap online, what you have is an older rat that has seen some shit, from my experience they don't fall for regular poison or wooden rat traps.

Another way you can deal with him is making a device similar to >>2080095 pic, but homemade.

You make a one-way device, but not an obvious one, use quarter inch metal wire netting and fold it in a way so the rat can squeeze through it but not go out, then you have it go into a giant box(not cardboard, something hard), and smear a whole wall with nutella.

If you don't want to make the box thing, the one way device out of whatever hole it comes out of works well if you just want to get a cat to eat it.
>>
>>2080132
>Someone who has worked in the pest control industry

As someone who's had to trap rats before, I can assure OP that live traps are the most effective. Rats will crawl right inside without a second thought, as long as there's food inside. Literally never an issue for me.

>"Don't listen to this guy!"
>proceeds to recommend live traps anyway

Idiot
>>
Antifreeze. When strychnine got harder to get we switched over, and never looked back. Note to self: be pretty carefull of that stuff. For something not specifically designed to kill it's pretty damn good at it!
>>
>>2080132
>Don't listen to this guy
>Proceeds to suggest the same trap anyways
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
OP here. Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, its a rat and its really clever. Ill make a little live trap out of wood and some wire. I saw him run into a little hole under the sink cabinets. ill put some antifreeze out in the meantime but something tells me he wont drink it. I guess I could borrow a cat but I dont wanna get stuck with him. I dont want to own animals besides fish. Ill post with results to antifreeze consumption tomorrow for science.
>>
File: 20141204_004724.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20141204_004724.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>2080018
I've killed many a rat. If the peanut butter isn't working, try using a twist tie and a piece of meat. Really tighten the twist tie down good.
>>
File: 20130806_074817.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20130806_074817.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>2080269
Works with the classic style traps too.
>>
>>2080269
thats a good idea. Im still wondering how he was able to get peanut butter off the switch without tripping it. Its super sensitive too.
>>
File: 20121030_173621.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20121030_173621.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>2080277
Did you try putting anything in the peanut butter? I usually put some sunflower seeds or corn kernels in it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.