[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A new cat.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 20160301_184914.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160301_184914.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
So, TL;DR:Old man dying, lost his pumpkin, wants to make sure his cat is taken care of.

Cat = unsure of breed, approx 8 years old (i think?) female, name vanessa, chipped and fixed and all that, Has some scabs from bugs that bit it and the other 20 cats dude was hoarding, but have not seen any signs of bugs. trying to help it with scabs that it can't reach.

Had it about a week or so now

I have never had a pet before, but this cat seems to like me, does typical cat shit like molests my computer desk and sleeps in my chair/laundry hamper.

Tried playing with it but it likes to scratch, so bought some rolling noise balls, doesn't like them at all, hasn't touched them.
It did seem to attack its old collar after i got it a new one however so i think if i ever get/make a cat condo that i will put a bunch of ropes on it for it to play with.

finally are beds or tents more well recieved by cats?

Far as i can tell it just needs time to heal a good bath and somewhere it can sleep and hide.

I have no idea how to cat owner.
>>
Cats will usually have a few different sleeping areas, both low down and high up. If you can, try provide space for her higher up, say on a shelf. She'll probably figure out somewhere herself in time. My cat loves the top of my wardrobe.

Regarding toys too, a variety is better! There's no need to spend money. A bit of string weighted ont he bottom works. So does scrunching up a piece of paper to throw around. I've used scrunched up balls of paper for my cat since he was a kitten, he now comes running when he hears paper crinkling.

Make sure she is wormed and up to date with vaccinations and flea treatment. If she does still have some bugs on her, that should sort it out. And don't forget to register the microchip details to your house!

I'm sure you'll do good OP,
>>
>>2076679
This is the truth.
>>
>>2076582
Before splurging on the cat toys, bet, tents, etc. give her some time to get adjusted to your home. She needs to find her own "safe areas" in your home. Put a blanket down in those areas and see if she prefers to sleep curled up on the blanket. If so then she will most like a cat bed with her blanket. Try not to let her establish her safe area under your bed. Put up a barrier if necessary. It's not very safe for her, and it makes it harder for you to get her when you need to take her to the vet.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.