[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the past 6 months my relationship with my female cat had been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1409483822409.jpg (5 KB, 191x186) Image search: [Google]
1409483822409.jpg
5 KB, 191x186
In the past 6 months my relationship with my female cat had been breaking down. Before this we were really close and she would sleep on my bed, cuddle when I was at the computer and follow me around the house.

It was a gradual deterioration. First she stopped coming to me when I called, then she would stay out of my room and it got worse from there. At one point it got so bad that she would hiss when I picked her up, run away when I tried to pet her or pee around the house.

So yesterday my sister came over and she was working on her laptop on my bed while I was at the computer when suddenly my cat just walks into the room, jumps up on the bed and cuddles with my sister. I saw this and went over to the cat to pet her and she didn't mind at all.

After my sister left the cats personality did a complete 180. Now she is back to her old self before the break down.

What the hell? Any cat experts know what is going on here?
>>
Cat expert here.

I can safely say that you seem to own a cat.
>>
>>2075894
Cats are not fully domesticated, and live a symbiotic life with humans, where they can also survive without humans.
In other words, she isn't getting any actual use out of you because you probably don't call her to eat, or let her eat on her own, do survival stuff without you. You have to "soft domesticate" a cat in order to have a good relationship. Be the gate keeper of food. Call her to dinner, pet her, then feed her. Give her a reason to want to be friendly, or she won't, because she's not a dog. Not bred for companionship. She's a cat, and she's using you for food.
>>
>>2075894
You obviously did something to piss her off nigga bitch
>>
>>2075894
How old is she? Sometimes cat's do this weird thing where their personalities are really independant/grouchy around one year old, then they chill out a while after. OR, it could be what this anons saying:
>>2075993
And you may just want to try to build a relationship with her again. Feed her at designated times, try to play with her with lure toys and shit, and maybe make sure nothing else is going on like if you have the smell of another cat on you or something.
>>
>>2075894
I've seen this more times than I can count and always with female cats. Vets always claim it's this or that, but frankly, sometimes you just get a shit cat and it does this. The peeing thing is the biggest red flag. Once that happens it's time to get rid of her. She'll never stop once she starts, despite what anyone claims.
>>
Relax, sometimes cats just get iffy, let them do their thing
>>
>>2076036
If she's already pissing in the house it's likely to continue until they get rid of her. Once cats start doing this, they tend not to stop. Ever.
>>
>>2076115
yeah they do. the fuck?

just clean properly and sort out the issues causing the peeing. could be anything from an UTI to new stressors.

Go troll somewhere else
>>
>>2076140
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. IF it is only a UTI, then MAYBE there would be a chance, but not how OP describes. That's classic cat off the deep end syndrome. Starts acting avoidant, then outright bitchy, pissing in the house is one of the final stages. And once the cat starts doing that shit it doesn't tend to stop. By the way, you just said basically word for word the bullshit that vets always tell cat-owners. And it's 100% bullshit.

>Oh if you just change the "temporary problem" the cat will stop pissing in the house.
Good luck with that.
>>
>>2076157
And I forgot to add, that the reason the pissing tends not to stop is because cat piss is fucking strong and once a cat marks a spot, then tend to keep pissing there no matter how much you clean it and no amount of cleaning anything - carpet, clothing, towels, furniture will keep up with how strongly the cat keeps reinfusing piss stink into the thing they're pissing in. You get into a literal pissing match and cat piss will always win vs cleaning products.
>>
>>2076157
I work with domestic cats. I have dealt with this problem many times. I know what I am talking about.

This sounds like you had a cat who had the issue and wouldn't stop

Chances are you couldn't identify what was causing your cat to do this and didn't have the patience to deal with it properly.

Cats are neurotic as fuck. After ensuring it's not a UTI or other health issues, check every little thing that may have changed in the cats life since it started pissing on your furniture, starting with the big ones, and revert them until the problem stops. Cats start pissing around the place when they didn't before due to internal or external stressors. You need to solve these stressors to stop problem behaviour.

You clean the areas using a vinegar solution. This is as vinegar is acidic and neutralises the alkaline smell of the ammonia, which is what causes the piss to smell. You clean up residue piss, use a good stain remover, clean up any left over stain remover, then apply the vinegar solution till it's soaked through and scrubbed in. leave for a while, then clean up any excess vinegar solution. Use the stain remover again after.

If it's still pissing in the same spot after you have removed the stressor and cleaned it properly, then you've fucked up. Either the stressor isnt resolved or your cleaning methods such. That or you have a young cat who doesn't its supposed to piss in the tray/outside/whatever and so need to train it to do that. Or it's pissed in that spot for so long without it being dealt with, that it now thinks that spot is where it pisses even after all issues are long dealt with. If this is the case, clean again and every time it does it, move the cat to the tray every time it squats as though pissing, or if possible, move the tray to the spot where it was pissing and the cat will start to use it again.

If you can't deal with what can be a very common problem in cats, then don't get a fucking cat.
>>
>>2076159
dont listen to this retard.
>>
>>2076170
>This sounds like you had a cat who had the issue and wouldn't stop

>check every little thing that may have changed in the cats life since it started pissing on your furniture, starting with the big ones, and revert them until the problem stops
Oh, you mean like switching owners? Yeah, good luck with "reverting" that, retard. Have you ever encountered a set of circumstances outside of your tiny bubble?

>You clean the areas using a vinegar solution. This is as vinegar is acidic and neutralises the alkaline smell of the ammonia
Welp, you just proved you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It's not ammonia that sticks around, it's the pheromones and other individual-specific organic chemicals that don't go away that keep causing the problems. You're 0 for 2 so far.

>then you've fucked up
Excellent cop out.

>If it's still pissing in the same spot after you have removed the stressor and cleaned it properly, then you've fucked up. Either the stressor isnt resolved or your cleaning methods such. That or you have a young cat who doesn't its supposed to piss in the tray/outside/whatever and so need to train it to do that. Or it's pissed in that spot for so long without it being dealt with, that it now thinks that spot is where it pisses even after all issues are long dealt with. If this is the case, clean again and every time it does it, move the cat to the tray every time it squats as though pissing, or if possible, move the tray to the spot where it was pissing and the cat will start to use it again.
>Noone has ever done all this textbook bullshit to solve problem indoor urinating in cats
Jesus Christ, is this shit for real? I don't believe for one damned second you have any experience with problem cat pissing.

>>2076171
Yes, do go on about how this fuckwit is correct:>>2076170

And remember, OP's problem was that the cat just stopped liking him. How does he "revert" that?
>>
>>2076173
you're the one who brought up pissing in the house

gonna listen to >>2076171 as you're clearly just pissed off that you can't deal with problem behaviour in cats.
>>
It sounds like you tried having sex with your cat, and it didn't like it.

Stop giving your C the D.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.