[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We got a new puppy for the holidays, his name is R2-D2 which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 101_3315.jpg (574 KB, 2580x1932) Image search: [Google]
101_3315.jpg
574 KB, 2580x1932
We got a new puppy for the holidays, his name is R2-D2 which we just call him R2 for short. He was pushed away from his mother at 3 weeks(pic here at 5 weeks old) so we took him in and took over the weening process since the mother pushed him off too early. He's a wonderful, smart animal and shows tons of personality on his face. I love this bastard to death but I feel he might actually be the death of me, or my sleep altogether.

He is NOT taking with crate training although he did well the first two nights in it he has been throwing hissy fits every time he notices we are not in the room with him inside the kennel. Anyone got any advice for this? I've thought about giving him treats and such for being good while he's in there and not crying like a dying bobcat. I've also thought about giving him his daily food portions inside the crate to make him more comfortable in there when he is in there. Thoughts? Opinions? Please my sanity needs your help.
>>
Hey man I got a boxer pup back in 2005 and that boy didn't know how to sleep or keep quiet for a ehile. But I'm telling you man, just stick with it. It's all good in the long run.
>>
>>2043463
My older dog that I've had for about a year and half never went through these issues. Though, she's a rather quiet dog compared to him. He just shows so much personality and is very vocal. I've gotten into a few "talking matches" where we've gone back and forth with each other and he's barely 6 weeks old now. I am not normally one to crate train since I live in the country but have since moved back to a bigger city and he can't stay outside all of the time and I don't need him pissing and shitting everywhere while I'm gone during the days. My wife is home but she's in and out of the house so much its hard to keep up with him. I will say this, he has gotten better over the past two days, but I just needed someone to tell me I was right I guess. Thanks, anon.
>>
give it time and keep your training consistent. puppies will go through phases where they seem to learn a behavior and then a week later start acting up.
>>
>>2043479
Thanks again! I guess I was spoiled with my other dog, she took to all of her training like a fish to water. R2 is half American bulldog and half pitbull so he has been a handful since day one.
>>
>>2043482
Why do those breeds make her a handful?
>>
>>2043459
I had a similar problem with my puppy on the first few nights. First night we got home rather late so we put her in hat cage downstairs and she hated it, whined all night. this happened for the next few nights so I decided to get her to really like her cage. After a lot of playing outside, I brought her inside and got her favorite toy and stuck it in the cage. She went in the cage to get it, and tried to take it out but I held her the toy in there. She realized she isn't gonna leave with that toy, so she sat down in the cage and chewed on it and went to sleep. This was mid after noon and I was pretty happy with myself because before she didn't want to get near that crate. Kept doing that, and pretty soon the crate was her #1 spot. She sleeps all night without a sound. Tomorrows her 9 week birthday so she's a little more mature than your puppy I'm sure. Just keep with it man
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.