[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. I am thinking about getting a hedgehog and I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: images-1.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Hey guys. I am thinking about getting a hedgehog and I was wondering if anyone knew any tips or things I should know before I get one. They are so cute....
>>
If you can't keep it in a warm, quiet, environment, don't get one. Anything below 75~ will send it into hibernation, which is fatal for domesticated hedgehogs. Also, they have shit awful eyesight and rely mostly on hearing and smell. If there's loud noises often, it'll constantly be scared shitless.
Also, they shit. A lot. Especially when they run, so you'll be cleaning out their cages often if you want to be a good owner.
You also probably need to consider that you'll need to get it out just about every day or else it won't warm up to you.
source: my shitty sister had one and never took care of it, so I became its primary caretaker after a while.
Correct me if I'm wrong though.
>>
can confirm constant night noises and poopiness
don't do it if you are not some surly forester
>>
>>2041735
This. They can't get too hot either. My mom out mine outside while I was staying at my dad's during the summer and he got very sick and passed.
>>2043147
Mine was so noisy in the night. Always crunching food and running on his wheel. It was terrible. God rest his soul.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.