[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Take abandoned, injured rabbit to humane society >"Call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160116_134401.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_134401.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1125
>Take abandoned, injured rabbit to humane society
>"Call animal services"
>Call animal services
>"Call your local vet'
>Call my local vet
>"Give us 200 shekels to examine ur rabbit goyim also call local rabbit shelter"
>Call local rabbit shelter
>hurr durr long answering machine message essentially stating "we don't take abandoned rabbits, call animal services"
>...

I guess I should just fucking euthanize the bunny considering nobody wants it. Fuck you all and fuck the government too.

Pic related, it's what I found her in.
>>
>>2042356
Why not put up an ad on craiglist or something?
>>
There are many rabbit rescue groups on FB. Contact one.
>>
>>2042359
She's injured, numbnuts. Who the fuck is going to take an injured rabbit? I figured that's what animal shelters and veterinarian clinics were for, but I guess profit profit profit is the only thing on the agenda for even the so called "non-profit organizations".

I have to powder her ass again later tonight because the people that "kept" her kept her locked up like that for so long the shit encrusted in her bottom. She's so unused to walking properly I'm not certain her shuffling is due to sheer fucking neglect or one of her legs got broken (still has mobility in both though, and she was very calm for my holding onto her when I dry bathed her the first time).

Thank you, humanity.
>>
>>2042365
Rabbit rescues should take injured ones...I know my local small animal rescue actually posts ads asking for pets that are injured. It's totally volunteer run though. Check fb/craigslist like the others said
>>
>>2042365
Vets are not an animal shelter, don't know where you got that info from. Animal services tend to only deal with things that need immediate attention, like animals that could possibly do harm or damage. Not all animal shelters are required to take in all animals, and in more over-populated areas usually don't take in small animals because they are already a money sink in a giant money sinking business. The shelter I worked at almost actually went under because of some faggot bringing in mice continuously, so we had to stop all small animals all together. You should probably blame your shitty community instead because the shelter is only as good as the community that supports it.

People on craigslist beg for money and actually get it just to get their animals spayed, I don't see why you can't at least go on there and ask if someone will be willing to deal with the rabbit if you don't want to. There are also forum on rabbits and facebook. You are not yet out of options.

>>2042373
Rescues are private and can take in or refuse whatever they damn well please unfortunately. That's the upside of being a rescue.
>>
>>2042356
give her to me. she's very cute.
>>
Where are you located, OP? Also, why don't you want to keep her? Seems you're doing a fine job of taking care of her so far.

Either way, see if there are exotic vets around you. I have to take my rabbit there and maybe you can set her up to be adopted there or sold? The vet could keep the money in exchange for what treatment she may need? I mean, it's worth a try.

I don't understand why people get animals and abandon them or mistreat them. Really makes me want to beat the shit out of the people that do.
>>
>>2042356
I'd call the local rabbit shelter again and ask to speak to a real life human being. Explain your situation and get THEM to recommend a course of action for you. They may not take abandoned rabbits, but if you show a little determination you may be rewarded. Hopefully they can hook you up with an individual who will be willing to take your critter.

If they still won't help, I'd do what >>2042398
mentioned and try to get in contact with an exotics vet.

What you're really looking for is catching the ear of someone sympathetic who can either take the rabbit off your hands or knows someone who will.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.