[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, One of my mic keeps scratching one ear, it came right off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: mousemissingear.jpg (124 KB, 618x416) Image search: [Google]
mousemissingear.jpg
124 KB, 618x416
Guys,
One of my mic keeps scratching one ear,
it came right off and now shes got one ear
and she grooms her mate to the point of bald spots
how come?
>>
>>2035325
Holy shit did you not think to go to the vet at any point?
>>
>>2035345
Oh yeah I forgot to mention there's not vet near me that does mice
especially they are feeder mice but they broke the record of longest lasting, its been over a year theyve been going

the story behind how this happened, because i noticed when it did, was when it was super cold up here and the heater fucked up and they couldn't get some heat so they got super lethargic and it wasn't a pretty sight, i went to go get a portable heater and it allowed them to "come back to life" since then the mother (the other 2 are daughters) has been just stressed out and always grooming only one daughter to the point of baldness
>>
>>2035685
It's not uncommon for feeder mice to live over 1 year.

At this point it sounds like OCD caused by something that was irritating her. Basically what happens is, mouse needs to itch. for sake of conversation we will say she had an allergy to something. She itches contentiously. You fix the problem, whether you meant to or not, or it goes away or the mouse built a tolerance. But now, the scratching is a habit. She does it just out of habit now, even if she is no longer allergic and no longer itchy. It's called Chronic Scratching in Mice, you might want to read about it to see what you can do for her. You should really find a vet to prescribe a triple antibiotic like Vetropolycin. A vet may not SEE a mouse but they should at least give you the ointment for it. Call around and see what you can get.

Of course, find out what is causing the itches in the first place. Mites, bacteria, fungus, allergies etc. Get rid of that variable first, otherwise you won't ever be able to get her to stop with the chronic scratching.
>>
>>2035691
It looks like a chronic itching,
she goes on about all her activities with the same kind of energy as the younger ones
she looks fine
i checked her face for that pain kind of look and she doesnt have it
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.