[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any entry level vet tech jobs? I was under the impression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 2365465456.jpg (134 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
2365465456.jpg
134 KB, 540x540
Are there any entry level vet tech jobs? I was under the impression that the job I'm about to put in for was for a vet assistant job, but I was told last night it was for vet tech. My boyfriends uncle is putting in a word for me, and I've got a resume/cover letter put together, but is there any chance? The uncle said it was entry level, but I don't know, I assume all vet tech job require degrees.I took a veterinary assistant class in 2011 and got a cert for it, but otherwise I'm a customer service loser.
>>
>>2026609
not to be an asshole, but no. you have no chance
>>
>>2026609
LVT and CVT are very different from vet assistance. YOu would need some form of education for the former, the latter is pretty much glorified kennel bitch.

You may be able to find some cheap CVT classes though
>>
>>2026609
>boyfriends uncle is putting in a word for me, and I've got a resume/cover letter put together, but is there any chance

You should know by now how much competition there is for pretty much any job involving animals. Everything has to be neatly perfect. No 5 year old training courses, with gaps of inactivity in the middle. If you had taken that course and worked in the field for the last 5 years, your prospects would have been much better. If you don't have all your shit together, neatly wrapped with a bow on top, the best you're gonna get is a job cleaning shit out of kennels and all the other jobs no one else with actual credentials wants to do.
>>
You have to take courses and tests to be a CVT.

Being a veterinary assistant does not require this.

I am a vet tech, ask me anything.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.