[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom lost her kitten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: paz3.jpg (3 MB, 3800x2240) Image search: [Google]
paz3.jpg
3 MB, 3800x2240
Hey /an/.

I still live at home, and I have a cat. When my mom got him for me she said "don't keep your eyes off him".

A few months go by and my mom decides my cat doesn't like her, so she went out yesterday and got a kitten without telling anyone. My cat hates the new one. Following the new one 3 inches behind and taking any chance to smack the little guy. My mom says he'll get used to him eventually, keeping the kitten in the bathroom at night.

So this morning, my mom had to go to work. Kitten goes in bathroom. Then my dad leaves, then I leave. She comes back because she has a break until 3pm, and lets her kitten out to explore.

My mom is one of those people who has a laptop open while watching TV. She has a macbook and plays fucking bejeweled or some point and click shovelware shitfest instead of talk to people. When you go to ask her something or tell her something it takes her tens of seconds to eventually go "huh?". She is also semi-hoarder, there is a lot of stuff around the house. Unused gadgets and new pans or tupperware scattered everywhere. Garbage imo but she freaks out when you toss it out.

So 3pm rolls around and she has to go to work. Kitten is gone. Old cat is waking up from a nap. She can't find this unnamed kitten. She looks everywhere, and can't find him. Meanwhile my cat is acting normal like the kitten never existed.

Did my cat eat the kitten, bone and all? I have no idea how I'm going to find this kitten. For all I know, one of her piles of shit has already fallen on the poor thing.

What do? Pic semi-related, it's my cat.
>>
It's probably trapped somewhere. Kittens aren't very smart and your mom needs to fucking clean to prevent getting it killed until it actually learns not to be an idiot and get stuck in stuff.

But sometimes adult cats are fucking stupid too. A few months ago my roommate brought in his friend's cat without telling me. I wasn't around for awhile and by the time I came home he told me he escaped about a week ago. Almost a week later I found him stuck behind a shelf-dresser thing we have(he could move around behind it but couldn't jump back over it).
We are clean people and this fuckin' cat is so quiet it didn't even meow fucking once even when we were in the same goddamn room. He wasn't hurt but he was practically a skeleton with fur at that point.
>>
>>2013169
I've looked everywhere, I can't find it. I've even checked my sump pump and inside of sofas and beds. It hasn't turned up. I've checked outside too, nothing.

Maybe eventually it will mew? I don't know. I'm sweating and just scared for this thing.
>>
File: Picture-20.jpg (42 KB, 617x342) Image search: [Google]
Picture-20.jpg
42 KB, 617x342
>>2013188
It might start making noise once it gets hungry or whatever, if you're lucky and it's not retarded. Even so, it will be fine for a few days if it's stuck as long as it isn't hurt.

Really you're just going to have to toss the house. Pull out furniture, look under it, shove piles around, etc. If there is enough junk to fall over and hurt it, then well. Good luck. Pic related. I've cleaned out hoarder houses before, and yes, we've found dead cats before that the owners never knew was there.
>>
>>2013193
I just can't believe how she could have done this. I'll keep an ear open.
>>
>>2013159
I don't think your mom is emotionally mature enough to own a pet,
>>
when i was a kid i had a cat that actually tore a hole in a boxspring and slept in there when he was a kitten... and the cat i have now disappeared as a kitten in my apartment, i found him under this china cabinet thing that had a ledge on the bottom underneath it...

cats, especially kittens, are great at hiding he'll come out when he's ready... though the hoarding thing is kinda scary... my s/o's grandma was a hoarder, we cleaned her house while she was away in the hospital cuz of cancer... anyway one day the cat disappeared we figured it got out but kept an eye out for it... eventually his mom found it in the bedroom it somehow got into a drawer under a mountain of shit (and i'm talking like floor to ceiling garbage bags and boxes and like furniture and whatnot stuck in there) and died... so you might want to look for him...
>>
>>2013220
I've looked everywhere. I can't find him or hear him cry.
>>
>>2013222

try luring him out with food... be really careful, i get being scared and nervous about the whole thing but kittens are small and well great at hiding to the point where it's like they disappeared into another dimension...

what i would do (and this will take forever) is carefully and slowly move everything in each room to the middle to look in every single possible space... keep in mind your nerves mjght be affecting the way you're looking and i've "lost" cats, and looked where they were hiding and didn't see them...
>>
Its likely scared and hiding due to the other cat showing dominance . Check everything, i use to find one of my kittens behind random doors, drawers, and closets . Its hard to keep track when you arent the only traffic in the house . Walk around making tss tss sounds, hopefully the bugger pops his head out
>>
>>2013228
>>2013240
I tried food, I even tried sitting in every room for minutes trying to see if I can hear any small noise. Nothing so far.
>>
>>2013276
Who saw it last ?
>>
>>2013284
She did.

Though the search is off, my cat found him. I saw my cat perk up, go close to the ground and go sprinting a few mins ago, and he led me to the kitten.

My cat still fucking hates him though. There is almost no end to this hate.

But thank you anons. I am going to make her get a dumpster to throw this shit out.
>>
>>2013300

glad you found it... well that your cat did...
>>
>>2013314
Any reason why the older cat hates the younger one?
>>
>>2013394

it's the older cat's territory. cats are territorial creatures. duh.

to your existing cat, the new cat is impinging on his territory and he doesn't like it. they might eventually get used to each other, but it's more likely that they will adopt different areas of the house and try to interact with each other as little as possible
>>
>>2013403

also, with two (or more) cats in one living area, it's generally the best practice to give each cat his own accoutrements. ie each cat has its own litter box, not right next to each other obviously. each cat has its own food/water bowls, etc. this might help cut down on the territorialism of your older cat since the kitten isn't directly using his shit
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 300x226
Reading this thread was like a Nancy Drew adventure. I was chomping on a candy cane at the edge of my seat.

Glad you found your kit-cat OP. Be extra good to him because he's gonna have a rough few weeks. They will get used to each other just fine, assuming they're both fixed and you feed them equally and at the same time.
>>
They aren't getting along because your mom is an idiot. Gradual introductions are the way to go with cats.

http://www.americanhumane.org/animals/adoption-pet-care/cat-behavior/introducing-cats-to-cats.html
>>
>>2013411
Yeah the new guy is in a bathroom for the night and when nobody is home.

I woke up this morning to my mom gone for work and the new kitten screaming because mine was biting him. She doesn't pay enough attention to when the kitten is about. He could have easily gotten away again.

>>2013419
I would rather have the new one gone then have to deal with the stress of the other one getting away again. Her getting a cat was like a whole new responsibility being thrown into my lap because she is too lazy.

>>2013450
If it were up to me I would do it safe and smart, but it isn't. She half reads what you should do on the internet and suddenly is an expert. I am so glad my cat didn't get this treatment.
>>
I was pretty fortunate in that when we brought home a kitten, the older cat immediately and fiercely adopted him and took charge of the little fucker's needs. He taught him how to groom and shit and eat, they share everything and sleep curled up together.
>>
>>2014458
The old one has stopped growling but still pounces and starts doing that hind legs scratch thing when the kitten tries to leave the room. My mom still hasn't named him either.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.