[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i bought a madagascar day gecko from some stoner from ebay.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: No name liz.jpg (39 KB, 816x480) Image search: [Google]
No name liz.jpg
39 KB, 816x480
So i bought a madagascar day gecko from some stoner from ebay.
what am i in for ?
>>
>>2166482
something you shouldn't handle, in case you were planning to. their skin is very sensitive and easily ruptures
>>
>>2166483
not really i read about their skin being sensitive.
>>
also that stoner gave me grasshopers.
should i give him those daily ?
>>
>>2166482

google care sheets and read. the reptiles magazine one that comes up as the first hit for "day gecko care" is a decent one.

immediate concern is appropriate lighting, heat, and humidity. basking spot temp should be 93-95, no higher than that. low 80's ambient. it can drop to high 70's at night. They require UV so if the tank does not have a UV light, you need to get one right away.

Humidity must be 50%-80%. You have to mist the tank once a day.

The grasshoppers are fine but should be dusted with calcium powder before offering to gecko. Only feed every other day. Not every day. They also eat a meal replacement powder (mixed with water). Repashy Day Gecko MRP is the usual. Offer that every second day. I would go with the live insects once a week and Repashy twice a week.
>>
>>2166495
i bought some vitamins sadly local pet shop doesnt have idea of what should i buy for him.
the terra seller gave me is quite big and had 2 normal lights and 1 UV in middle.
the temp curently at night is 21 cel and 69,8 fahrenheit,
should i get something for heating at night ?
humidity is at 55 was about 65 at daylight.
>>
>>2166502

best way to maintain temperature at night without the light on is a ceramic heat emitter. you will need a thermostat to keep it at the desired temp.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.