[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My 8 week old puppy whines all the time. I've only had him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
My 8 week old puppy whines all the time. I've only had him for 4 days and if I am not right next to him in the pen, or hes sleeping, he whines. I can be right outside the pen and he will still do it.

I have tried to ignore it (He keeps it up for hours), rewarding him for being quiet, and my vet gave me a pheromone collar, but nothing has seemed to work.

I know that whining means 3 things, bored, food, or bathroom. However it can be after a very long walk, i let him run around the house and play with him, and he has food and water in his pen, and still, he will whine.

Does anyone have any tips at all to stop him from whining? I know hes basically a 5 year old who doesn't know better, but it has to stop. I am really getting pushed to the edge, i am starting to think i am not cut out for this at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 640x1025) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 640x1025
I'd say more personal attention. Petting, belly rubs, etc. Or mix it up with his playtime doing something like swimming.
>>
>>2166152
I have been giving him belly rubs and lots of pets, but so far that hasn't seemed to help, hopefully the little guy likes the water.
>>
>>2166148
>Talks about pupper
>No pics
Damn it OP, can't you do anything right?
>>
>>2166148

I once read that if you put a wind up clock (the sort that ticks) inside a soft toy, this helps because it sounds like a heart beat.

Maybe see if it works?
>>
>>2166162
I'd be willing to try it, sounds like a long shot though
>>
>>2166161
I can upload a picture in a bit, hold on
>>
I assume you've taken him to the vet? He could also just be uncomfortable and wants your attention to make it better. There could also be an issue causing him to think he needs to go potty but really doesn't. The urge to go doesn't equate to needing to go.
>>
>>2166168
I did take him to the vet, told him all of this, and he gave me this pheromone collar that is suppose to mimic a mothers sent. I am probably going to call him again today, maybe you are right about him having the urge
>>
>8 week old puppy
>I've only had him for 4 days
give it time.

>I know hes basically a 5 year old who doesn't know better
no, an adult dog is basically a 5-year old human. an 8-week old puppy is more like a baby that's a couple of months old.
>>
Puppers that age can change from week to week, be consistent and don't overreact
>>
>>2166162
>>2166165
There are also toys that simulate a beating dog heart. I read it helps with young puppies and t heir anxieties.
>>
>>2166152
NO.

>>2166148
Just ignore him, he is trying to keep his pack together. If it gets really bad used a rattle can. It wont last too long.

If you keep petting him and baby talking him you make him even more anxious about you not being there. You need to tone the treats and love right down and have a calm balanced enviroment.
>>
Mix up his kibble with water and peanut butter, put it in a kong and freeze it. It'll keep him busy for a good 30 mins.
>>
>>2166272
My issue with ignoring him is that he gets so upset he tries to jump out of his playpen. I really dont want him to get hurt, so I could put him in his kennel, but I know its a big no no to put a dog in their kennel as a punishment.
>>
>>2166277
I just got a kong last night, I am hopeful that freezing it will help
>>
why do you keep your new dog in a cage he hates it
>>
>>2166326
yeah pretty much this, OP
Why don't you spend your day in a fucking playpen desperately trying to get out?
>>
>>2166326
He cant just roam around or he will pee everywhere. He is not potty trained yet so i figured a large playpen would be better then a cage
>>
>>2166327
The pen is also in my living room, so its not like he is in the room alone
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.