[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /an/, I need your advice. I'm really torn apart by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 50db79aab88e4.image_.jpg (32 KB, 400x242) Image search: [Google]
50db79aab88e4.image_.jpg
32 KB, 400x242
Dear /an/, I need your advice. I'm really torn apart by this. I can barely eat, I can't sleep and I'm feeling like shit all day long. This is my situation: two days ago I rescued three little mutt puppies (around 2 months old) from this bike path that's parallel to a highway. Some heartless piece of shit let them there to die. They were all dehydrated, hungry and had some fleas. There was a cardboard box a few meters from where I found them. I put them in the box and tucked in between my handlebars and my chest. I was a real pain but I managed to get them home. I really love dogs and I'm specially torn apart when I see a dog in pain, but I live in an apartment and I already have 2 dogs and 3 cats, so keeping them is completely out of the question. I got them medicine to get rid of their tummy parasites and gave them a bath with anti flea shampoo/soap. Here is the tragic part: I'm trying really hard to find a home for them, but I'm seriously getting desperate. Bills keep adding up and there's just so little time my wife and I can dedicate to keeping them clean and healthy. If this keeps up, I don't know what I'll do. I don't live in the States and there are just a few animal protection organizations around here that have not been of any help. I'm not sure what kind of answer I expect from you, but at least it's helping with my desperation and sadness. Some people have even suggested that I put them down and give them a merciful, which is much better than the horrible death that awaited in the highway. The thought alone made me cry like a little bitch. Please help a brother out. Thank you for reading, /an/.
>>
First off, good on you for taking them in. They're lucky you were there.

As for what to do, if you have any way to network with friends, online, on facebook or sites like craigslist, now is the time to do it. I wouldn't give the pups away for free (too easy for people meaning to hurt them in some way,) but a small fee.

If you absolutely can't find them homes in a timely manner, is there a friend who could take them in until they find homes? Or maybe help you out financially so you can continue caring for them until you can find them homes?
>>
Does your country have something like Craigslist? Maybe you could put up some flyers around your neighborhood.
>>
Maybe ask friends/family to help, kind of spread the burden? Like you take them one day, a friend the next, etc. Otherwise yeah just focus on finding them homes, not for free but cheap enough they'll be a good price.
>>
File: IMG_20160620_172359.jpg (914 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160620_172359.jpg
914 KB, 2592x1456
I'm just dropping by to confess that I just (mercy?) killed 3 kittens.

>rollback last month
>work as a retail store manager
>our store kept a preggo cat (pic related, it's her)
>bit ugly, not pretty at all, but we (the staff members, folks from other businessrs in the block and regulars) love her, feed her everyday and pet her and stuff
>she used to snuggle and chill and sleep in this empty display shelf near the entrance
>I make it a point to always leave the shelf empty for her (let's name her Ugly)
>ff she gave birth to her kittens
>area manager is a by-the-book, uncompromisable, miserable, heartless fucking tightwad of a cunt
>lets call him Cunt
>he warned us to not let Ugly chill in the shelf
>it's Southeast Asia and the heat has been unbearable this past few months
>Ugly is just there to chill in the shade, we told him
>but he's a cunt anyways, so one day when I came in for afternoon shift, I found out from my cashier that Cunt had taken Ugly and her kittens in yhe box I put them in 3 km away
>>
>>2166102

You can give them to an animal shelter. Being puppies, the odds are good they will get adopted out pretty quickly.
>>
>>2166264
contd
>I was furious
>that evening I took my supervisor (basically my buddy) to look for her
>we looked at a location based on the description of a foreign staff whom Cunt took with him when he went and dumped Ugly
>he doesn't know the way around so his description was shit, and we didn't manage to find Ugly
>Ugly has a friend whom she sometimes share food with
>her friend is much prettier, soft fur, cute, symmetric face and stuff
>let's call her Pretty
>there's a construction site office upstairs
>they take care of Pretty; her box house is in their office
>like 2 weeks after Ugly was dumped, Pretty gave birth to her kittens
>it was Eid week, so the office was empty and they put Pretty out so she had to deliver her babbys outdoors
>I discovered that she had given birth when I saw her 1 evening walking around meowing for food without her pregnant belly
>near closing hours, she went and carried her kittens into the small space beneath the shelf where Ugly used to chill
>there were 3 kittens
>so I went and put them all in a box
>after I closed the store, I hid Pretty and her babbys in her box and put them behind a burger stand in front of our store

cont
>>
File: IMG_20160709_155438.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160709_155438.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>2166268
>the next day when I came to work, a male cat was staring down into Pretty's box
>let's call him Fag
>Fag hangs around a diner behind our store, begging for food etc.
>Eid week means the diner's closed, so no food to beg for, so he comes to our store to bother us instead
>in the meantime, he bothers Pretty too
>I dropped Fag down the drain bank in front of our store in hope of him never being able to return anymore
>but he always does, 5 times already
>so I decided that Pretty isn't safe
>since my supervisor and I justoved to a house very much nearby, we decided to take her home
>pic related, Pretty joimed my lunch break and watched a football doco with me

contd
>>
>>2166270
>>2166268
>>2166264

3rd world problems.
>>
>>2166270
>shit was peachy the first night and the day after, except that for the next day, my SV decided to move the box out because of some weird smell
>so I put the box outside near a sliding door that we never close, so I can keep watch of Pretty
>suddenly one night she doesn't return
>I know this because her food was untouched and her babbys were crying loud af constantly
>next morning I peeked in to look if Pretty returns and because the box started to smell real fucking bad, like rats or carcass
>Pretty still nowhere to be seen
>to add to that, there's a 4th kitten
>this fucking kitten is fucking dead
>it was probably Pretty's 4th kitten that we never get to see or even knew existed
>there are fucking maggots already in Pretty's food bowl, eating her untouched food
>so I changed the box for the kittens
>tried feeding them cow milk, didn't work
>since the kittens are still alive, I held on to hope that Pretty is still out there somewhere, probably looking for her possible 5th kitten and visited briefly the night before to feed her 3
>so we waited
>ff 24h
>they're still meowing loud af
>we're broke
>no money to buy kitty formula, bottles, etc
>don't even know if I have enough to make it till the end of the month myself
>no time to watch them and make them excrete, and other many cat mother stuff
>no time to be their mother
>they haven't eaten anything but some cultured milk my buddy fed them
>almost 56h since I last saw Pretty
>my buddy went away this night to sleep in his parent's home
>I made the decision
>don't have the heart to smash their head in
>so I did it the other way
>I don't even have the heart to type out how I did it
>ff 1h
>went to check if they're dead, pangs of regret and guilt rattling my heart
>picked 1 up
>dead
>picked 1 up
>dead
>picked 1 up
>moved its head, meowed
>I broke into tears, and killed it the 2nd time

idk why I type this out. I just felt like confessing.
>>
>>2166283

You killed a bunch of feral kittens. Any real animal lover will have no problem with that.
>>
>>2166102
Put up fliers, ask around among friends.
>>
>>2166283
Tell us how you killed them you massive faggot.
>>
>>2166121
This. You could even try some "Gofundme" service, I don't think it would help much, but even 20 bucks could help you if I understand correctly.

>>2166265
My dear Anon, you couldn't be so wrong. Puppies, good dogs, good breeds, they all take the same path, especially in summer. They will all be put down. Well there are some shelters that adopt a "don't kill" rule but there are just a few and apparently OP is from some shitty country so I suppose it's not happening for him. Oh and BTW that kind of shelters are full all the time.
>>
>>2166102
Where do you live? I ask this before suggesting an animal shelter. If money wasn't a problem you could bring it to a rescue or uncrowded shelter up North
>>
>>2166121
>I wouldn't give the pups away for free (too easy for people meaning to hurt them in some way,) but a small fee.

i would give the puppies to my friends for free, and charge for strangers

but always keep them in check, like visiting them or asking for photos
>>
>>2167204
What would one do if they couldn't oblige or the animals are not in great care? For animal cruelty to be involved, the dog would have to be close to dead. But if it's already dead, there's now no case.
>>
>>2167209

>having asshole friends

by trusting your friends, and its not hard to visit your own friends right?

its easy to keep them on check, i have done this to the threee dogs i gave in adoption last year.

the three are in perfect shape and good mood
>>
>>2167216
I was thinking strangers, because they would be more likely to neglect and abuse anyway.
>>
OP here. It seems that our prayers have been answered and I'm having some luck finding potential candidates to take them in. I live in a country in Latin America and some dipshits down here still arrange dog fights and train pitbulls with strays, so I'm being very careful with who might be giving them to... A couple organizations have helped me as well, promoting the pups on their websites and Facebook pages. Two of them are in perfect shape now; gaining weight by the hour and being playful as hell. It fucking sucks to see this happens but one of the pups didn't make it though the night. She started acting tired in the late afternoon and wouldn't drink or eat anything. I was going to take it to the vet in the morning, I woke up just now to check up on them and found her already stiff. I'm not sure what happened to her, but I'll take her to animal services so she can be cremated. It's awfully hurtful to see her go, but it's much better than knowing how she could be dying in the fucking highway. I'll keep you guys posted.
>>
>>2166102
leave them by the highway
>>
>>2167377
You're a very good person Anon. Thank you.
>>
>>2167384
Eat shit and die, asshole.
>>2167435
Thank you, anon. Sincerely, I'd do this again in a heartbeat, as hard as it has been for me and the wife (which, supported me with this the whole time) only a soulless piece of shit would leave a dependant animal such a dog to die in the heat and the sun. Today one of the doggies will be picked up by this guy that lives in a nice area, has a little kid and and another stray which he apparently adopted some time ago. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the support, knowing that there are people out there that care for this kind of situations leads me to believe that there is hope left for mankind.
>>
I'm gold things are working out, OP. I hope all the pups find wonderful, happy homes.
>>
>>2167453
You're welcome, you know here people are assholes simply because they can, without any consequences. I'm happy too to see such nice people are still around. Please update us! Good luck and life to the little one that went to his new family.
>>
>>2167453
Yeah you're a hero mate. Maybe post flyers in kindergartens and schools? Kids and puppies are always a good combination.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.