[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rats or guinea pigs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: gwinea pig and rattatata.jpg (60 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
gwinea pig and rattatata.jpg
60 KB, 500x301
So just to be clear,don't say "replace the rats with something else cuse they're disgusting" i don't think that.Anyway's so when they die,i want to get a bird but i want both rats and guinea pigs,but i don't have the room or money so i can't,so which one should i get rid of? I've got more experience with guinea pigs but the rats are easier to handle.So what should i do?
>>
Guinea pigs are great. They're very vocal, social and interactive little things. Guinea pigs also live a good while longer than rats, so you can have a longer bond.
>>
>>2164510
but,i really like rats,they're smaller and easier to keep but i see your point.Also I do want a pet that i can cuddle.
>>
keep the rats

guinea pigs are easier to get rid of and live longer. Rats live 2-3 years, will cuddle with you and die quickly so you can hurry up and get your birds

rats are also way more bro and more likely to be used as snake food if you give them away.
>>
That reminds me

>family adopts guinea pig from friend
>adorable black and tan coloring
>don't have a cage for him yet, so we set up a temporary home for him in a plastic tote bin
>decked out so he is comfy for time being
>me being a little kid playing outside
>older brothers hippie friends come over
>their 2 dogs are with them
>stoners leave dogs unnattended and so does everyone else in my family because they can't put two and two together
>stoners finally realize dogs are missing
>family now sad cuz dogs must have given guinea pig a heart attack because no blood and not moving.
>hippies help bury dead guinea pig in backyard
>cantwakeupinside.gif
>>
>>2164529
that happened to you?
>>
>>2164489

Why not have the bird too? I have a bird and guinea pig, i put them outside in the run together, they get on pretty good. I dont know if a rat would get on as well but they are smart so i am sure you could train it to be buddies with the bird. Guinea pigs cant climb though, so a bird can always fly out of reach if its had enough.
>>
>>2164801
i can't,don't have the money or space
>>
Do Guinea pigs smell? Of course I would regularly clean up waste and replace the bedding.

I was thinking about getting some to put in my room
>>
>>2164948
Females don't smell at all if you keep them clean. Males have a bit of a funk to them. The strongest smell related to them overall will be the hay they eat, though, and I think it's kind of nice.
>>
>>2164948
Don't listen to this guy >>2165250. Guinea pigs are literally the stinkiest rodent - not the pigs themselves, but the cage unless you clean it like every 4 days.
>>
>>2165295
It just depends on the bedding really. I use fleece bedding with towels under it and the guinea pigs have 3 different litter boxes inside their enclosure that they use. They rarely poop or pee on the fleece itself but when they do the pee goes right through into the towels and I clean the poop every day. The litter boxes I clean as needed and the fleece plus towels on a weekly basis. Just don't be lazy and your guinea pigs won't stink at all, all I ever smell is their timothy hay. I also have an odor neutralizer for ferrets that I use when freshening up their cage.
>>
>>2164948
they don't smell much
>>
>>2164948

Yeah they are quite stinky. My guy rubs his butt grease everywhere, fucking stinks like shit mixed with BO. The piss smells too, and they are literal shit machines. The actual shit hardly smells though. Sometimes he farts when i cuddle him.
>>
Maybe i should just forget the bird...
>>
So,should i just forget the bird? You know what? Yeah,just forget the bird.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.