[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else understand this ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Human mother vs cat mother.jpg (91 KB, 960x730) Image search: [Google]
Human mother vs cat mother.jpg
91 KB, 960x730
Not trying to sound like an edgelord here, and I genuinely am the first person to hate people who say things like this. Does anyone else literally not give a shit about other people but get upset if something happens an animal ?
For example I honestly could not care less if migrant children drown in hundreds or get bombed in their own countries. On the other hand I see shit like this and I feel sick http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/community-appalled-as-callous-driver-mows-down-baby-swans-in-co-fermanagh-34868375.html
>>
>>2164387
>Does anyone else literally not give a shit about other people but get upset if something happens an animal ?

No. I care about them both, but I mostly place animals on about the same tier as children and old people because they are, in a sense, "innocent and defenseless".

However, I absolutely put human life over animal life as a default.

So basically someone purposefully causing suffering to an animal evokes the same kind of rage that I'd feel if someone was purposefully causing suffering to a child or elderly person.

But I also agree with and understand why Harambe had to be shot, why animal wellness should be protected but they shouldn't have human rights, ect.
>>
>>2164393
I'm with this anon. There is a certain level of care between species but if things can be enforced justly, would prefer it. Alot of the authorities like the black and white-tiered attitude though because anything animal involved is legally lowest priority outside of emergencies (like evacuations since many people refuse to leave their animals when told to evacuate, so its now in plans to help animals evacuate as well).
>>
>>2164387
It's easy to understand that. But I'm not going to write an essay about it. I would say it's down to innocence, necessity and evil (selfishness). When something happens where innocents die by selfish action completely unnecessarily, it hits you hard. I'm not saying that migrant drowing is necessary, but it's easy to see why that happens. They hop on a shitty boat and pray that it doesn't sink. I'm sorry guys but that is not upon God if a boat has a hole in it. Nevermind that the political chain of cause and effect that makes these countries shitholes and unlivable goes back at least a hundred years.

Anyway I think you're just angry about the world and it shows this way. So long as it doesn't make you actually turn your back on someone who you could within reason help (say, someone that is drowing), it's not a big deal. And that would also make you the people that you hate.
>>
>>2164387
>literally not give a shit about other people but get upset if something happens an animal ?

that's literally 95% of 4chan, me included.
>>
>>2164393
Pretty much this, I generally care about most living things except insects or plants.
Though I don't destroy incest or plants intentionally and I am careful not to harm them.

I would not even swat a fly, the only living things I hate is parasites.
>>
>>2164430
Yeah, I watch people die on /b/ almost every night no problem, but I can't watch animals being hurt.
>>
>>2164490
what are signs of psychopathy for $500?
>>
>>2164495
I've killed a man, and you just learn to get over it.
>>
Im an electrician and immersed 3/4 of my body in sewerage in a pump vault following the cries of a kitten to get it out and to a shelter. I hate cats also and shoot feral ones casually while shooting rabbits but I couldnt let an animal die in there.
>>
>>2164495
No. It's more a sign of autism because of a total lack of empathy towards other people.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.