[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stray Kittens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Black-kitten-2.jpg (17 KB, 352x400) Image search: [Google]
Black-kitten-2.jpg
17 KB, 352x400
There's a litter of four kittens and a mother in my back yard, living beneath my porch. They look like they're about six weeks of age. I want to adopt one, would it be cruel to separate it from it's mother?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Take the mother and kittens to an spca. If you can't, take them in yourself and get them checked for any mites, flees, etc. Then when they're around 8 weeks old you can adopt them out and keep one for yourself (keep the mother too if you can! Older cats are a lot harder to adopt out)

Posting old pic of my cat for fun
>>
take it nigga, its a kitten. Just feed it high quality canned food (from a pet store, no grocery store shit) mixed with KMR. Hell take all of them and feed them, give them away when they're old enough and keep the one you want
>>
File: IMG_20150527_221909.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150527_221909.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>>2164181 I found these two kittens in my house when I came back from college.. They were shivering like crazy.. Then I took them in and feed them..
Kittens are great.. you will enjoy their company..
Take them..
>>
>>2164181
Kittens should be 8 - 10, ideally 12 weeks old before being separated from mom. 6 is too young.

Contact a rescue organization and ask them for help. Also say you want one of the kittens. They will be able to properly ween they kittens.
>>
>>2164248
>6 is too young

I dont believe this honestly. Never had an issue with 6 week old kittens and I used to pick up a LOT of strays
>>
>>2164594
That's because you're ignorant!
It can fuck up their mental growth in a subtle or major way. Safest and most optimal age at 12 weeks. The strongest individuals are the kittens that spend the longest with their mother.
I work in a shelter and have been for the past 7 years. I know by experience
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.