[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lets say hypotetically, Your pet is hurt badly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1460951926068.jpg (19 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
1460951926068.jpg
19 KB, 400x289
You have 2 choices

1. Let your pet live for the rest of its life but its in pain and sleeps all the time

or

2. Put your pet down

what do you do
>>
euthanasia is comforting to the owner, not to the animal.

your pet isn't in a 'better place', it's not 'resting', it's not 'peaceful', it's dead.
>>
>>2163644
way to miss the point.
Would living in pain really be more comforting for the animal? Is suffering really better than feeling nothing?
>>
>>2163642
Hey OP, do you have a clearer picture of the runes along the bottom?
>>
>>2163672
What? It's an envelope and those are the markings printed on it by the post office for machine reading. You can translate it to plain text through some tools online.

Good luck.
>>
>>2163642
Quality life issue. If animal has very poor quality of life then i would euthanize. Ie, in pain, limited or zero mobility, unable to do much more than eat. I would want the same for myself if i was in similar circumstance.
>>
>>2163665
Not the other anon but if a coyote is caught in a trap it will literally chew off its own leg.

Animals desire to survive, consume and reproduce. They know nothing else
>>
Euthanize. I would feel awful letting my dog live in a condition like that. Especially knowing he loves to run and swim it just feels cruel to me
>>
>>2163644
It's the opposite. Keeping your suffering pet alive because of your feelings is comforting the owner.
>>
>>2163644
Wrong Guy is wrong again.
I had a dog has a kid who snapped it's spine, it would never recover, never walk and live in pain for the rest of it's life.
We could have kept it alive but we decided to put him down and it was the right thing to do because what sort of life does a dog have when it can't even act like a dog and lives in constant pain.

Euthanasia is not a bad thing when it is necessary.
I have a 17 year old cat, last year I had two choices to either amputate her back leg for 200 euros or put her down.
Amputation was the best bet because she is no longer in pain and can still walk, she is still living a good life.

I wish Euthanasia was legal for humans, if I was ever crippled or lived in constant pain with no relief I would choose death as well.
What about terminal cancer patients who have no choice besides laying in a bed in pain for weeks on end until they finally die, fuck that and hand me the gun.
>>
So I raised some cecropia moths this year. One of them came out pretty deformed. Its wings and some of its body didn't form properly at all. It was constantly writhing and reminded me of that clone of Ripley from Alien Resurrection ("Kill meee...")
Anyway, instead of squishing the poor bugger and putting him out of his misery, I put set him out on a branch in the tree from which I reared the caterpillars on. The next morning I expected him to have been eaten by something. I went out to check and to my surprise a beautiful female cecropia moth had found him and they mated all fucking day.
>>
>>2163818
Take the gun then.

Killing yourself is completely legal. It's assisted suicide that's not. The only downsides are that you need to have any life insurance policy for a minimum amount of time(like 3 years) for them to pay out suicides.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-08-22-35-02.png (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-08-22-35-02.png
2 MB, 2560x1600
False dichotomy, OP. We have this wonderful thing called pharmaceuticals, maybe you've heard of them? If your pet sleeps all day give it a coffee or done caffeine pulls if you have them. If it's in pain give it an Advil. Problem solved.
>>
it depends
t

d
e
p
e
n
d
s
>>
>>2163830
Not everyone would be as straight forward as me, plus they may not be weak enough to have the gun or able to get one.
Giving someone the gun can get you charged to manslaughter or even murder I think in Ireland.

I was watching a documentary about a guy who went through with assisted suicide.
He could just about talk and move his fingers but in a few months he would not able to move a muscle or talk, he would be trapped in his body fully conscience.

Plus I think suicide is illegal in Ireland.
>>
>>2163644
I can't wait until you have to put your dog down.
>>
>>2163830
Killing yourself is not legal, where did you get that from? Suicide is illegal, however you can't arrest a dead man. If you try to kill yourself and you do not succeed, or are saved, then you are facing legal trouble for attempt to commit a crime. However, because it's stupid easy to kill yourself or just die in prison (and they don't want you to die even if you want to die), instead of a prison sentence they usually give you a psych ward sentence. With a mental ward though, you don't get out early and your 'sentence' can be prolonged for life if they don't think you are improving. But they have much, much better food in mental wards.
>>
>>2163917
Name one person that has been convicted of the crime of suicide.
>>
>>2163930
No one because you can't convict a dead man but it is still illegal.
>>
Personally, if I had cancer, I'd still would rather fight it with whatever medical means available than die outright through AS.

So I imagine that is how an animal would feel, but perhaps I'm just projecting my feelings.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.