[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop ants?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: fire-ants-1.jpg (36 KB, 551x321) Image search: [Google]
fire-ants-1.jpg
36 KB, 551x321
How do I stop ants?
>>
Ants hate cinnamon and unlike bug spray, it doesn't cause people harm and ants don't become resistant to it over time.
>>
File: Cm3.png (54 KB, 160x185) Image search: [Google]
Cm3.png
54 KB, 160x185
>>2162518
What about vinegar? I don't have any cinnamon.
>>
>>2162521
I don't know of any ant holes right now or I'd find out for you.
This question is probably better answered by a search engine.
>>
I pour 90% isopropyl alcohol on them if there's a big group on one spot.

Kills them in like 3 seconds flat I was surprised.
>>
File: 1467821239023.gif (13 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
1467821239023.gif
13 KB, 500x396
>>
>>2162521
No idea. I had a mail box full of and surrounded by an ant hill. But I obviously wanted my mail. Took a costco sized container of cinnamon out to the mail box and sprinkled liberally and watched the total chaos. It took about an hour, but they completely relocated, taking their entire hill and everything with them. Only the cinnamon and my mail were left. It was so fascinating that I stayed and watched the whole thing.
>>
>>2162521

Anything with a strong, lingering odor is more than enough to drive them away. They rely on scent to communicate and navigate. This is how they find food so easily. Take their ability to smell away and they can't find food. No food = dead ants and ants don't want to die.
>>
Liquid bait traps have worked wonders in my home. The ants either drown or bring the poison back to the colony, and pretty soon they figure out they don't want it and fuck off to some other place.

Also keep food cleaned up in your house.
>>
File: insect_overlords.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
insect_overlords.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
You don't.
>>
Fuck all of these slow answers with baits, use Windex it will kill them instantly.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.