[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Catty Poopy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1460422150177.jpg (218 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
1460422150177.jpg
218 KB, 1200x630
Hello /an/ons,

Why do cats bury their shit, do big cats also do this?

General cat shit thread.
>>
Because unlike dogs, they do not use their poop to mark their territory
>>
They do this to hide their whereabouts from predators

I'm pretty sure big cats don't try to hide it as they use it to mark territory and such. Or maybe they do cover their shit so there isn't piles of shit all over their territory.
>>
>>2161699
>>2161700

Meant they use urine to mark territory.
>>
>>2161700
>They do this to hide their whereabouts from predators
This and cat poop smell so bad that even cats cannot stand it, they bury it to not smell too.
>>
>>2161764
I find dog poop smell worse. Cat poop smells like...well, animal poop. Dog poop smells much more like human poop and that really bothers me for some reason.
>>
They do it to hide it from other predators that would attack them if they knew they were on their territory. Cats are apex predators so they don't have any natural predators. Yes there are bigger animals that will eat them but they are not their usual diet and many animals will kill cats since they compete with them for prey

Also if prey animals smell cat feces they'll stay away from that area making it harder for cats to catch food
>>
Why the fuck don't people say cat scat?
>>
File: download.jpg (36 KB, 608x456) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
36 KB, 608x456
Cheetahs don't
>>
>>2161908
It must be what mine eat them, I find it the vilest substances.
My dog's poops are just like coal, no smell and brown.
My dogs are on a kibble only diet though but I reckon my parents sneak them food behind my back.
>>
>>2162058
yes, diet can make a huge difference in fecal smell. i feed my cat kibble that is for indoor cats, it reduces the smell of the feces. I barely even smell it when i clean the litterbox
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.