[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any experience with making their own cat tower? Any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: supermariocattree.jpg (62 KB, 570x760) Image search: [Google]
supermariocattree.jpg
62 KB, 570x760
Anyone have any experience with making their own cat tower? Any tips? Do's/Dont's?
>>
Don't put in deadly traps.
>>
>>2160939
Good advice.
>>
>>2160922
Base should be heavy and sturdy, so that if the cat is fucking around at the top, it won't make the whole thing fall. That was my mistake.

Also try to use fabrics your cat likes to scratch. If your cat scratches your leather couch, get some fake leather for it, or the carpet, use excess carpet etc.
>>
Make the base heavy as fuck
Plywood and pvc pipe are your best friends
Use sandpaper to make hot glue stick to pvc pipe
Cats love carpet
>>
>>2160922
i dont much care for cats but that thing is excellent
>>
>>2160922
>Do's/Dont's?

Don't bother unless it's a house cat

They literally won't use it if they can sit in a bush outside
>>
>>2162511
>>2160957
Heavy/strong base, and material they like. Got it.
It's also a good thing PVC isn't inexpensive.

>>2162542
I'm aiming to do a Kirby themed tower. I like the idea of the warp pipe especially.
>>
>>2162546
that just shows how fucking wrong having a cat as a pet is.

we grow up in a miserable loveless way and the only thing we can do about it is making other being around us more miserable.
>>
Don't put anything on there that you aren't comfortable with the cat destroying it. Like if the brick parts are felt the cat may eventually tear at it until it is unrecognizable
>>
>>2163015
Pets (well cared for ones anyway) have a great fucking life m8. No job, no bills, no having to cook and do the dishes, Just chill and get pets and food. I'm jelly.
>>
>>2163015
Anyone goes crazy in a room with nothing to do.

Even someone who lives in the Antarctic and literally can't go outside because it's -100 degrees celsius out there.

What I'm saying is, you got to think pros/cons.
>>
Add yarn holding up some plush cause cats love to fuck around with that
>>
File: cat tower.jpg (177 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
cat tower.jpg
177 KB, 768x1024
>>2160922
My crappy, half-finished tower. Left bare because he seems to really like scratching the wood. Feel free to mock me and the tower.

Base - 3/4" particle board, 2' square
Posts - 5' railroad tie, cut to 1' and 2' heights (the top is a bit too high, should have made it lower or added a third platform)
Platforms - 1/2" OSB, might be too thin, note the dowel rod for extra support almost hiding in front of the main post.

The whole thing is connected with 90 deg. truss braces, and big screws through the top and bottom. Eventually will get low, tight piled carpet on there, and I was going to wrap the posts in hemp rope, but as I said he likes to scratch the wood.

More expensive than I expected, but still about 1/2 the price of store-bought towers of comparable build.
>>
>>2164115
Looks pretty decent man. How much it cost you so far?
>>
>>2164115

>>he likes to scratch the wood.

Pets like all sorts of things that are bad for them, still go with the rope. The wood will be more difficult and expensive to replace, and the bare poll runs the risk of splintering into the cat (which could also end up in vet bills).
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.