[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi. This bird has been living in my neighbourhood for 3 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: bird.jpg (32 KB, 507x188) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
32 KB, 507x188
Hi.

This bird has been living in my neighbourhood for 3 years now, coming when it is summer and leaving when it is winter. Sorry for the shit quality, but what kind of a bird is it? A hawk? Looks too small to me. Can you tell its age? Sex? How long do they live?

It perchen in front of my window and tore what appeared to be a mouse to pieces. It left, and there doesn't seem to be any mouse remnants left except some blood stains. Should I be concerned about disease or will it be fine?
>>
>>2160285
Tell us where you're from nigga
anway it's definitely a falcon, looks like a female kestrel
>>
>>2160285
>Should I be concerned about disease or will it be fine?

Nah if she's eating she seems healthy enough.
>>
that's a falcon.
>>
>>2160293

T*rkey, close to the European side.

>>2160296

I mean for myself. Mice carry diseases right?

>>2160297

Thanks.

So how long do these guys live? It feels strangely good to meet the same bird the same time of every year and I am wondering for how long this will continue.
>>
It looks like a Eurasian or Lanner falcon. Other anons are right that we can narrow it down to falcon family.

Browse through the birds on the list, it's hard for us to ID further because of the quality of the photos.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_birds_of_Turkey#Caracaras_and_falcons
>>
>>2160299
>mice carry diseases right
Damnit. Fuck off.
>>
>>2160389

B-b-but black plague and hentavirus and stuff, Anon...
>>
>>2160299
>Worried about a bird of prey transmitting diseases to you through the prey it eats.
Are you fucking retar-
>Is from Turkey
Well there we go.
>>
>>2160565

The prey was torn to pieces in front of me.
>>
>>2160578
And your point?
>>
>>2160299
Looks like a female adult eurasian kestrel
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.