[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sudden hamster death
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hi guys my hamster randomly died. Any causes? She had fresh water, food, I use aspen bedding, she lived in a bin cage, had an eight inch wheel (solid not wire) and was a dwarf hamster. My guess is genetics. She was eight weeks old according to the pet shop and I had her for a bit more than a month. Also no symptoms of anything just dead.

Pic related. It's the corpse.
>>
>>2159396
space program
>>
File: respect-cod-620x350.jpg (48 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
respect-cod-620x350.jpg
48 KB, 620x350
Possibly parasites or some underlying sickness that struck hard and fast. Genetics could also be why. Do you have a cat or dog? Something may have scared her during the night and a heart attack could have done her in.

Fortunately I don't have to deal with any dead hamsters in the pet store where I work because we get them from a local breeder who takes really good care of them and manages his genetics properly. If you get another one, maybe trying purchasing it from somebody who breeds them or buying from a store who gets them from somebody like that. Places that supply most chain pet stores hardly give a fuck about genetics or animal wellbeing. Dropping a little more money on a well managed, we'll bred animal will be worth it in the long run.

Regardless, sorry for your loss. RIP in piece, hamsterino.

F
>>
>>2159409
This

Launch it into the stratosphere with a balloon
>>
F
>>
File: memecat.jpg (253 KB, 1080x1283) Image search: [Google]
memecat.jpg
253 KB, 1080x1283
F
>>
She might have had a disease to begin with.
>>
>>2159396
my condolences dude
I don't know how you've taken her death, or whether it affected you at all but I know I'd be upset in that situation
>>
>>2159396
They can hibernate and seem dead if room temp gets low.
Space program.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.