[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't the US try thorium reactors to meet our energy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: thorium-reactor.gif (94 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
thorium-reactor.gif
94 KB, 600x505
Why doesn't the US try thorium reactors to meet our energy needs? Why is coal still so widely used? Why are people saying that solar and wind are the only ways to obtain sustainable energy? So many questions.

Let's discuss /b/
>>
>>2159087
And by /b/ I mean /a/...
Goddammit
>>
>>2159088
>posting this on /an/
It doesn't belong on /a/ either, faggot.
>>
File: 1467007015024.jpg (14 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1467007015024.jpg
14 KB, 500x281
Is this like a cool new meme?
>>
Last I heard molten salt corrosion was a problem. Then there is politics. It'll be too late anyway, no-body is willing to do any serious initiatives until shit hits the fan. And then it's already time for the current system to collapse.
>>
There is not enough thorium on the planet for this. You can go to youtube and find a bunch of scientists debunking the thorium meme. Thunderf00t does a pretty good explaining it on the solar freaking thorium road videos.
>>
>>>/sci/
>>
>tfw we're slowly but surely running out of resources.
Fusion when?
>>
>>2159153
30 years, right?

Just use breeder reactors to go through the nuclear waste that we now have. If 100 years into the future we cannot propely harness the sun energy output we deserve to go extinct.
>>
>>2159087
I think we're kind of out of our depth here, unless you can use the thorium reactors as apiaries or something. Can you?
>>
>>2159162
This. Also, can we stop blocking new reactors? We're making these companies run off of ancient designs. Dai Ichii for example wanted to close Fukushima for years but there was so much red tape and angry environmentalists that they kept that running on the Chernobyl era reactor.
And OP,
>>>/g/
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.