[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
identifying tracks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: tracks5.png (2 MB, 1402x949) Image search: [Google]
tracks5.png
2 MB, 1402x949
Can someone please help identify these tracks?
Pictures were taken on a farm in a rural/suburb area in central new jersey by a relative of mine. The local animal population is a mix of small game, deer and the occasional black bear. She claims that the tracks are twice the size of her great dane's, and that dog is probably about 100-140 pounds. They appear to be cat tracks, but the size and stride would appear to be too big for a bob cat. Any ideas? Also, sorry for the subjective size scales, I got the photos off facebook.
>>
Brown recluse
>>
Take the picture to the vet
>>
they're canine, feline tracks wouldn't have the claw, all cats other than cheetahs can retract their claws, they would not be extended for walking on sandy ground.
>>
>>2157881
The stride and size, do you think there's a possibility of it being a wolf? There's is a wolf farm not too far from where these tracks where shot.
>>
Brown recluse.
>>
>>2157855
Are you fucking blind not to realize it's a brown recluse?
>>
File: 1433577703166.png (99 KB, 520x650) Image search: [Google]
1433577703166.png
99 KB, 520x650
>>2157855
Manbearpig. Definitely Manbearpig.
>>
File: wolf_tracks.jpg (1 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
wolf_tracks.jpg
1 MB, 3872x2592
>>2157855
Could be wolf tracks, but most likely a large dog.
>>
Vet now
>>
Coyote or dog, highly doubt its a wolf they aren't likely to wander alone and the nearest population of wolves is in elk county pennsylvania and they are well monitored.
>>
>>2157855
Looks like dog to me.
>>
>>2157855
Burlington County here, where at?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.