[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep tight, pupper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Löwchen_dog_(Basil_Smile).jpg (3 MB, 3298x2508) Image search: [Google]
Löwchen_dog_(Basil_Smile).jpg
3 MB, 3298x2508
So i'm most likely going to have to put down my dog i've had for 11 years on Friday. Please give me strength.
Anyone else ever had to do it? How long did it take for you to get past it?

Pic isn't him but it's his breed, Lowchen.
>>
You stay in the room, you pet him while he goes to sleep, you're allowed to cry. But the next day you move on with your life.
>>
Had to put mine down after 10 years. I cried for about 3 days. We bought a weeping willow and planted it near his grave and that have me a lot of peace and closure.
>>
>>2157422
lol shes not going to move on in a fucking day after loving somethign for 11 years
>>
>>2157425
>Crying for several days over an animal.
I mean, I understand they were a companion and all, but it should be more like seeing a retard die. They're now free of the pains of life.
>>
>>2157428
That's how I had to look at it. The hardest part, despite knowing he was now pain free, was breaking our routine. Lonely morning/evening walks, no more rides in the car, lonely lake visits.

After about 3 months, we got a puppy.
>>
>have 10 yr old puppy
>dread the day that this will have to happen
>>
>>2157428
life is fucking amazing and we all hang on ot it with such incredible strength, just take a look at what people did to survive starvation
>>
>>2157417
I had to do it a month ago with my 12 year old dog who looked almost identical to your OP pic. It was my first time putting a dog down and it was difficult, but the best thing you can do for closure is to be beside them when it happens. The vet kept warning me that "he might have muscle spasms, his eyes won't close naturally, he might void his bowels" saying all this terrifying shit I already had heard of, and you know what? None of that happened. He didn't struggle. He didn't spasm. He just nodded his head and his eyes closed and he drooped and went like a little candle flame being blown out easy and painless as anything. And it was sad. And it was still frightening and awful and all of that, but in a way it was a satisfying death because it was more graceful than watching him continue to suffer and deteriorate and go out with gasping breaths. OP, I mean it when I say the best thing you can do is to stay in that room. Take a moment to say your goodbyes. Call him a good boy. Be calm when they do the procedure but don't be ashamed of crying in front of the vet, they deal with it all the time and they should never judge you. Let go and you won't need a lot of time to get past it because you'll be able to reflect on the good memories and take comfort in your dog's suffering being over.
>>
File: stay.jpg (55 KB, 520x313) Image search: [Google]
stay.jpg
55 KB, 520x313
Be strong for him anon. Pic related.
>>
Had to put my 18 year companion down this year. All my strength to you anon.
>>
Realize that doggie hell is real and your dog's filthiness will be slowly burned away in a virtual eternity of suffering.
>>
MY dog died before we were able to put her to sleep

be strong pupper
>>
We put our 12 year old Rottweiler down 11 months ago and it still hurts immensely
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.