[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need expertise - spider
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Hi guys I found this fucker in my building (I live in Paris) and I need to know what kind of species it is. It's about 5-6 cm in lenght.
Thanks!! :)
>>
Le brown recluse?
>>
The body looks thicker than a brown recluse, which according to wiki is only 8-9mm long. Plus the legs are shorter. Overall this one looks bigger and more stout.
>>
>>2156755
Pretty sure >>2156753 was just shitposting, m8.
>>
>>2156758
You got me. I was shitposting, trying to be funny.
I have no idea what kind of spooder that is.
>>
Yeah... just need to know if I need to start making napalm and burn the house to the ground already
>>
>>2156767
Anon, big spiders like that are rarely dangerous. They make up for their lack of venom with size and strength. You should be fine.
>>
>>2156748
The picture is awful but it might be a tube-web spider (Segestriidae). The appearance matches, they're very common in Europe and are known for pointing their third leg pair forward like that.
>>
I just had a look to the segestriidae spiders and it could be a segestria florentina. thanks a lot!! :)
>>
File: 1407865010261.gif (3 MB, 391x220) Image search: [Google]
1407865010261.gif
3 MB, 391x220
>>2156748
Pls tell me that's not from Paris, i am terrified of even just a tiny spider and i live in Belgium
>>
>>2156907
They're literally everywhere in Western/Central Europe. Be less of a pussy.
>>
>>2156907
Come to California, you'll see anywhere from 3-5 different,spiders on a daily basis.
>>
>>2156976
>>2156907
Nah come to Australia. Just don't let any cats or small dogs outside or they'll be eaten by spiders.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.