[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys so this morning a huge bird picked up this rabbit from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Hey guys so this morning a huge bird picked up this rabbit from my neighbors lawn and dropped him from a reasonably high distance. He doesn't seem to be bleeding but it seems like he can't move his back legs, so we think that their broken or he's paralyzed. He's completely conscious and alert but didn't seem interested in any food we tried to give him. Is there anything I can do to help it or is it useless?
>>
You can make some rabbit stew. It should be pretty good especially since you have fresh meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCabTKhB620

Rabbits are adorable, delicious, and super easy to clean. :)
>>
>>2156661
Oh god
>>2156657

Dark room with little to no noise, then call your closest wildlife rehab or fish and game
>>
>>2156661
i second this

>>2156657
>>2156674
lets be honest, its a feral rabbit thats probably paralyzed by fear. its probably dying as we speak if not dead already. now you could bury it and feed the worms. or you can eat it and feed yourself.
>>
>>2156675
Or give it back to the bird that snagged it so nature can take care of itself
>>
>>2156682
youre as """nature""" as much as those worms and that shitty bird that shouldve developed stronger talons
>>
a huge owl picked up my cat and dropped her like that. They had to amputate her leg because it was shattered
>>
>>2156709
And you still let it outside don't you?
>>
File: thlbKZS.jpg (178 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
thlbKZS.jpg
178 KB, 500x750
>>2156711
nah
I had been letting it and my other two cats outside without incident for 12 years up until this incident, though. But not anymore. I never actually saw it happen, either. The cat just had a shattered rear leg one morning and was hiding under the deck. I think it was an owl because my neighbor down the road said they watched one snatch up their cat screaming and carry it off, never to be seen again. I thought cats were too heavy for owls to prey on until now
>>
>>2156683
>that shitty bird that shouldve developed stronger talons
raptors often drop their oversized prey on purpose so that the animal dies from the huge fall. Sometimes the animal survives and hides before the bird can scoop it up and drop it again
>>
Give it back to the bird
>>
>>2156719
this happened to me with a falcon, it wasn't really my cat per say, it was just a stray that always hangs at my house and we started leaving food out. I remember he was just walking on the fence and the falcon just swooped it up and flew away. Never saw the cat again.
>>
>>2156683
It dropped it on purpose retard.

Jesus Christ. Why is it that people who claim to love nature the most know absolute shit about it?
>>
>>2157054
>>2156721

well then it should keep better track of its prey or else people like OP will find it
>>
>>2157067
They're getting along just fine by doing what they're doing.
>>
>>2157070
im pretty sure OP's rabbit is dead.
>>
>>2157071
And? Nobody was talking about the rabbit.
>>
>>2157073
???
>>
>>2157076
You randomly started talking about the rabbit in a conversation about Eagles/Hawks keeping track of their prey.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.