[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long would you guess it would take to befriend a murder of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 20160627_105754.jpg (871 KB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160627_105754.jpg
871 KB, 5312x2988
How long would you guess it would take to befriend a murder of Crows in my backyard? I'm living in somewhat suburban/rural area.

I'm hoping to get them to scare away the barn swallows that are constantly dive bombing me to protect pic related.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how autistic/likely to work is this idea?
>>
>>2156297
Want to add I've been feeding them for around a week now, almost every day... There seem to be a decent number hanging around all day now. Before I hardly saw them
>>
Sounds like you already know what you're doing then. Just keep it up. Be consistent.
>>
>>2156301
I did this for fun, in the middle of a big city. Got to the point they would get in petting distance as i only fed the ones that got close. Must have looked funny to ppl driving by.
>>
With crows comes crow poop. If u feed them and they hang about be mindful as they wont pick up after themselves. Otherwise its a cool idea
>>
>>2157503
I'm hoping they will stick to the trees mostly. They're positioned in a perimeter outside the pool/patio areas. So far this is where they seem to hang out most, though I'm sure with continued feeding they'll start hanging out closer to the house
>>
>>2157459
How long before they started to trust you?
>>
>>2156297
>barn swallows
Bastards got a nest built up right in front of my apartment door, used to be they left well enough alone but now they've started divebombing even though I've walked up and down those stairs at the same time every day for like half a year now, little assholes.
>>
>>2157562
Yep, when they have babies in the nest they get super aggressive. Mine are in a bit of a corner next to a screened in area of the porch... They'll fly tight little circles around inside the corner if I'm standing near that side of the "room"

Sometimes I like to stand there and try not to duck... I swear I've felt air from their wings hit me at times. Also I hear a clicking noise as they hit the apex of their divebomb
>>
>>2157564
Same here, they get so close I can hear the air popping but they never actually hit. The moment one of them gets me in the face though is the moment that nest is getting moved.
>>
>>2157596
Hah! Moved if I'm in a particularly good mood when it happens. Those birds regularly annoy me in my peaceful place. They're lucky I haven't moved it already.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.