[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are shiba inus bad for first time dog owners even if I hire a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (19 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
19 KB, 1280x720
Are shiba inus bad for first time dog owners even if I hire a trainer or take it to obedience school? I've wanted a dog for a while but I don't think many dogs are cute, but I think shibas are (my friend pointed out they look like cats so that's probably why I find them adorable) which is why I want one over other breeds that are known to have more cooperative temperaments
>>
You sound like a bad pet owner
If you only care about a dogs looks because it resembles a cat, get a cat
Are you this stupid? Don't subject an innocent animal to your stupidity please. If you do end up getting a Shiba, please go to hell.
Sage
>>
>>2155981
Don't get a dog for looks. That's guaranteed to be a disaster for both you and the dog.
>>
i just dogsat two shiba inus with my roommate, who is a dog trainer for a living. They are incredibly naughty. one of them chewed up all of their toys to nothing and when they played together they were screaming at eachother and chasing cats (that were their size, mind you) they are not a beginner dog

Also literally everyone will be like wow a mini husky and wont believe you when you say its a purebred shiba inu and this is how big it will grow
>>
>>2156086
>Mini husky

They look nothing like huskies, what the fuck?!

I could see that from a Klee kai, but a fucking shiba? Really?
>>
File: image.png (285 KB, 439x503) Image search: [Google]
image.png
285 KB, 439x503
>>2156092
You really expect the average joe to tell the difference between picrelated and a husky?
>>
>>2156107
she goes up to the knee and is the proportions of a full grown dog. It's not "what breed" its like "WOW MINI HUSKY"
>>
Please don't get a dog.
>>
>>2156020
No need to be so aggressive, that's why I'm asking. No matter what kind of dog I get I would get a trainer or take it to obedience school since I don't know the first thing about training one, not because I think proper training will automatically fix any behavioral problems and misbehavior a dog might have. I'm obviously going to put more research and effort into getting a dog which is why I'm asking people who have experience with shibas about them. I'm obviously not going to look into getting one anymore due to the responses I got. I may want one but I'm not going to get one when a bunch of people scream at me not to get one

And with that, are there any spitz breeds that are good for a first time owner? Everyone says the more popular breeds like shibas and huskies are hard to train, so are there any that are less temperamental?
>>
File: 1458950928512.jpg (120 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1458950928512.jpg
120 KB, 640x480
>>2156162
Woah, woah, woah!

1- 4Chan isn't your regular crowd of people, and as far as I know, only one person on /an/ actually owns a shiba

2-most of the 'trouble' you'll encounter with any breed can be easily fixed with consistency and knowing both the good and the bad that your getting with the breed

3-Training, socializing, and excersise will help with practically everything else.

If you want something in life that isn't harming anyone else, you get it. It is YOUR life and NO ONE gets to tell you how to live it. However, with that in mind, don't be stupid. Know what you're getting and what you can handle, and what you WANT. Try not to junp the gun and ignore what you -can't - handle because you want it badly.
>>
The only dog I have ever had any trouble training is a fucking pissy ass little apple headed long hair chihuahua my ex owned. He was already 8 years old and she never ever did any sort of training with him. No potty training, no obedience, and no interaction with other dogs. Oh, he also had his balls because she never got him fixed. (one of em didn't drop and the surgery was considerably more expensive apparently. I don't know and getting her to even talk about it was awful)

I'm pretty awesome with dogs and have had no issues with the various dogs I have owned or my family asked me to help train.

That fucking dog I wanted to throw off the top of a building. Same with the ex though. She wouldn't do fuck all to help out and would keep doing shit that enabled the dogs bad behavior.

It's incredibly easy to train a dog. It's just bad behavior is formed through super cute interactions a lot of time so you just need to be disciplined yourself.
>>
>>2155981

Shibas are not cats.

They scream at the top of the lungs for something as harmless as you touching their penis by accident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4JOxB6SJSI
>>
>>2156296
>harmless

It might seem harmless but that dog is terrified. You can't tell a dog 'relax' in much the same way you can't run at someone with a spider in your hand and tell them to stop being a pussy, when they are terrified of spiders.

And the way that guy is handling that dog sure ain't helping it to calm down.
>>
>>2156162
Keeshonds are quite good.
Don't need as much exercise as a husky. Still not an easymode dog but I enjoyed my one
>>
>>2156387

What is an easy mode dog?
>>
File: 51XN-3zhoVL.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51XN-3zhoVL.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>2156401
>>
>>2155981
Shibas only sometimes look good. Most of the time they look like south asian street mutts.
But if you'v never had a dog before you might not notice how hard to train they are compared to other dogs I guess. Just make sure you don't get a puppy mill dog and read good dog training books and go to a good training school to socialize your puppy. Any breed.
>>
>>2156162
>are there any spitz breeds that are good for a first time owner?
No.
>>
>>2156424
That's a bear
>>
>>2156086
I saw a big tomcat beat the shit out of a bad behaved neighborhood shibe few days ago. It's dumb ass owner walks it without a leash and little shit barks and runs at everyone that passes. It's incredibly loud and disobedient, I'm surprised a car hasn't hit it yet.
>>
>>2156296
Holy shit this is hilarious
>>
>>2156723
that's what happens if you think your dog is like a cat and needs no training.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.