[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/, my doggo died a few days ago, but somehow, I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Hey /an/, my doggo died a few days ago, but somehow, I don't feel sad, and I find myself to not think about him as much as I thought i would. I didn't cry when he passed away or when I buried him. Don't get me wrong. I loved him dearly and i gave him the best life i could. Have any of you guys experienced the same thing?
>>
>>2155863
Yes, I've experienced the same exact thing.

That's the way it was meant to be, anon. Nature doesn't cry when anything dies, why should you?
>>
>>2155866
This. He was probably old and you knew it was going to happen. Death is a normal part of reality and can't be helped, theres no point getting worked up over it.
>>
>>2155863
could be a lot of different things

maybe it hasn't set in yet
maybe you just don't want to use the energy to grieve
maybe your dog was old and it was it's time
>>
>>2155866
well it's natural for humans to cry

not saying op should feel bad, but just because death is natural doesn't make it any less sad

even elephants mourn the dead
>>
>>2155863
Were you the only owner? I had dog that was actually the family dog. She got really really sick and, in her last week of life, she was really really down. I sat down more than once, and start scratching her belly for like, 1 hour, talking to her. Right after that, she passed away. Everyone cried, but I didn't. Felt kind of bad, like "what the fuck? I don't have any feelings?" But then, I realized I had already said goodbye.

Sometimes you just know that it's for the best. The end of a cycle.
>>
>>2155863
this is a normal step of grieving. You will start to miss him the more you realize he isn't around. Might take a day or two, a week, a month, even a year.

But one day you will be doing something and think "Ha, Digger would carry cash to the pizza delivery guy to give to him. He loved pizza" and then you will cry your eyes out.
>>
>>2155866
what the fuck are you talking about. All animals feel some form of sadness when another dies or disappears. Why do you think dogs freak the fuck out when you leave? Cats will also show signs of stress when another cat dies. They might not shed tears but they do know sadness, anxiety, and stress. Some animals even understand what death means as a concept.
>>
>>2155863
Yeah. I find that it always takes a while for the tough reality to settle in, then when it hits you you just start crying.
>>
>>2155863
I cried like a baby back butch when my first dog died. You have no soul OP.
>>
I went into shock when my dog died and didnt fee anything. Just buried him.

Its usually a few days later when the loneliness kicks in and you'll realise how much you miss him.
>>
Was he old? Were you expecting it to happen soon? This was probably part of it.
>>
>>2155863
Lost my doggo two days ago.

I'm with u mang
>>
My dog died yesterday OP.

My gf saw her laying in her kennel which was weird because she'd run to me. She quickly turned to me and said 'Her eyes are open' and I realized it had happened. She was 15 years old and couldn't go out for a walk anymore. I saw her the day before. I hope it was in her sleep.

I felt sad, but like I said her day was coming. She babysat us since we were 8 years old. It'll be okay OP. We move forward.

RIP doggo
>>
>>2155910
He wasn't that old. Only 9 year old, but he was neglected for the first 4 years of his life. Old owner had Alzheimer's. When I adopted him, he was close to dying. Severe breathing problems where the biggest threat.

>>2156112
Yeah, only owner
>>
>>2155910
>>2155866
I agree, nature is all about rationality. Can't spell rationality without ration, op should eat his dog's corpse not to waste nutrients.
>>
Every time a pet of mine has died, I cried my eyes out. The ones I was really close to, it took a long time not to be crying every day, or every time I thought of them.

That said, everyone processes death and grief differently. Like others have said, you might experience a bit of a delayed reaction and once the loneliness and reality of him being gone sets in, you'll really start to feel it. Even if you don't, again, everyone processes death differently. So long as you loved your doggo and took good care of him, it's all good in the end.
>>
>>2155863
Well, you gave him a burial which is some sort of mourning I suppose.
Also why cry over somedog who had a good life?
>>
I've cried for every dog and cat. However, when my great Grandmother died who I saw pretty frequently I didn't care. I loved her and all, but it really didn't bother me. I work at an assisted living home, so I'm used to it. But you would think family might be different.
>>
>>2155863
>>2155866

Both of you might need to seek help.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.