[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do dogs have a sense of gratitude? I noticed my dog was really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: XMwQi3g.jpg (407 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
XMwQi3g.jpg
407 KB, 1024x768
Do dogs have a sense of gratitude?

I noticed my dog was really agitated and itchy, felt her and pulled a sticker out of her fur and scratched the spot for her.
After I did, she started rubbing/rolling on me and licking me. It really seemed like she was thankful, but I'm not sure if I'm anthropomorphism or what.
>>
>>2155578
they probably do.
both dogs and cats know who to ask for food or treats or attention. Which means they remember. And that memory isn't unpleasant.
>>
>>2155578
Might also have just been:
>Feel good.
>Owner near.
>Must share good feel with owner.

>>2155587
They just remember that looking at you with with a face that looks like it's about to cry means they get free things, Anon. Doesn't really mean they're grateful.
>>
I don't know about cats, but for dogs it's really just degrees of I KNOW THAT GUY / I DON'T KNOW THAT GUY / I LIKE THAT GUY / I DON'T LIKE THAT GUY
>>
>>2155755
>Walk dog out.
>See this person.
>Oh no.
>Try to walk dog away.
>It's no use, dog saw her.
>Dog does a 180° and start pulling.
>Hurt self trying to hold the leash, slide a bit in the wet grass.
>Go toward person because no more choice now.
>Dog goes to person, glues herself to person, gets petted, starts crying because she can't be closer than that and/or petted harder.
Why do you keep doing this to this one chick, doggy. That's annoying.
>>
File: wewlad.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.gif
3 MB, 300x169
>>2155828
>be dog
>owner is sad and lonely husk of a person
>go for walk
>smell that bitch
>she's ovulating
>it'stime.jpeg
>run up to her and make a fuss so my master can say something charming and get laid for once
>he just gets all flustered and takes me back home
>he jacks off to hentai and complains about me on 4chan
>mfw
>>
>>2156011
Chick's like twice my age, m8.
And if my dog sees her everyday for two weeks, she'll be like that everytime, I doubt it's ovulation-related.
>>
>>2156024
>doesnt like older women
Get a load of this faggot
>>
>>2155828
I hate when owners do this.

Just let the damn dog say hello
>>
>>2156024

True love has no age you heartless bastard.

Let your dog have his way with her.
>>
>>2156062
I do with other people and dogs, Anon. But with that chick she gets completely mad. She often tries to jump on her too. And she cries and whines constantly even when at her feet and getting petted. And then she's excited as fuck for the following half hour.
>>
>>2156062
yeah, because owners should let the dog make all the choices
>>
>>2156062
You ever think there might be reasons why they are trying to keep their dog away? like, I don't know, training? Maybe not wanting the dog to be rude and jump all over the person?
>>
>>2156062
As much as I like dogs, I don't want to be jumped every time I walk outside because owners can't control their pets properly.
>>
>>2155828
>not letting your dog rape strangers

Why.
>>
>>2155828
101 dalmatians in a nutshell
>>
File: creep.jpg (136 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
creep.jpg
136 KB, 1600x1067
>>2155578
A better question would be do humans have a sense of gratitude?

I noticed a chick in a bus was really agitated and itchy, felt her and pulled a skirt up and scratched the spot for her.
After i did, she started hitting me and yelling. It really seemed like she was not thankful, but i'm not sure if i'm animalism or what
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.