[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found a cat on my lawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 193f72ab8fdc9ca8.jpg (601 KB, 755x1007) Image search: [Google]
193f72ab8fdc9ca8.jpg
601 KB, 755x1007
After seeing the same cat appearing on my lawn for the past 4 days, I sent it to SPCA this morning. I paid attention to the hrs it appeared yesterday; I saw her at 11am, 4pm and she was literally knocking my front door at 10pm. I was debating whether I should sent her away or leave her be, and I talked with my parents but they refused to share the house with the cat. The first thing I did this morning at 8am was to see if it's still here, and sure enough it's waiting under bushes. I assumed that she is homeless and took her to the organization, but I feel horrible right now. Was that a wrong decision?
>>
>>2155342
>Was that a wrong decision?

Yes. You just got some irresponsible owner's pet killed
>>
>>2155346
do you have a suggestion? Should I call the organization and take her back?
>>
>>2155349
Too late bruv. The kitty is dead and the UK is free.

God save the Queen.
>>
Nope you did the right thing. If it doesn't have a collar, then who's to say it wasn't a stray? Either way you helped it out, it actually has a chance to get decent owners now.
>>
>>2155349
If somebody owned it, the spca will read the cat's microchip and send it home.
>>
SPCA generally does not euthanize for capacity / overflow reasons. Unless it is fractious and unadoptable for horrific behavior reasons, it will probably be fine.
>>
thanks to everyone that posted.. I was getting bashed at a different forum, comments were teling me how I took its freedom away..
>>
>>2155361
you did the right thing. That kitty has a better shot at life now.
>>
>>2155361
>implying you didn't.
>implying a cat roaming was causing you any issue.
>implying that cat won't be dead in 3 days.

You did a bad thing and you should feel bad.
>>
>>2155342
I spotted him recently too.

https://youtu.be/KB20Uf15dss
>>
>>2155361
You got a cat killed. Of course they would be pissed
>>
>>2155354
The SPCA in Britain had euthanized 5,000 healthy and adoptable cats and dogs in one year, I think 2012.

>>2155352
The royal SPCA actually requires cats to have access to outdoors as part of the adoption process. Im pretty sure that leads to the euthanasia of adoptable animals, as many potential pet owners live in apartments or don't have cat doors.
>>
>>2155361
you are a horrible person. How would you feel if I abducted you because you kept coming to the same place, put you in a cage and then rolled dice to see if you should die?
>>
Reminder that domestic cats are an invasive species and should be destroyed wherever found.
>>
You did the right thing, OP
>>
>>2155391
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>2155342

No.

You did the responsible thing. And don't worry. SPCA only euthanize animals if they can't keep them and even then it's done rarely. Like annually rarely or something.
>>
>>2155342
>I assumed that she is homeless
Why?

>>2155392
How so? Obviously uncontrolled feral populations can cause problems, but considering domestic cats live in human-developed areas, I don't see why they don't have any right to exist there if they've adapted to that environment. Hell where I live, if it wasn't for human development, the only flora and fauna that would exist in my neighborhood would be grass, sporadic cottonwood, rattlesnakes, prairie dogs, and maybe rabbits. Almost every bird around here (as the trees themselves) are just as much transplants as any cat.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.