[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hedgehog thread? Headgehog thread. >pic is mine, her name is Peppa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160625_211733.jpg (2 MB, 2304x2880) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160625_211733.jpg
2 MB, 2304x2880
Hedgehog thread? Headgehog thread.

>pic is mine, her name is Peppa
>>
>>2155037
Adorable. How are they as pets? Always see the wild ones in my garden.
>>
>>2155039
They made great pets. They can be loud on their wheels at night because they are nocturnal, but ive noticed if i bring her outside a lot and let her run around during the day, shes not as noisey or active at night. Temperament can very but they are generally pretty docile. Their quills do hurt if you try to grab them while they are scared, so maybe not the best for young children.
>>
>>2155050
>loud on their wheels
>run around during the day
hedgehogmayfast.jpg
Sorry, i just can't help myself.
>>
>>2155237
If i had a penny for every person a know who named their hedgehog sonic, id have like, $0.07
>>
>>2155241
What about assembling the whole team and painting them?
>>
>>2155524
I have a few friends who've used pet dye on their hedgies to make them blue. I wouldnt be surprised if someone did it
>>
>>2155525
Ok, what about painting your pets, training them and involving in underground fights?
>>
>>2155527
I mean, maybe you could with unneutered males? Not sure if id be very exciting though. Hedgehog vs. dog may be entertaining though
>>
>>2155528
Maybe they need slight modifications, like attaching stun gun with duct tape or mini flammenwerfers.
>>
>>2155529
Something cool might happen if you give em heroin
>>
>>2155530
Why not give heroin yourself? That way something cool definitely will happen.
>>
>>2155533
I like the way you think
>>
File: pokemen.jpg (47 KB, 650x410) Image search: [Google]
pokemen.jpg
47 KB, 650x410
>>2155537
I think we all are poorly painted hedgehogs in a caged match. Imitations of pop images and trendy tropes that fight for approval and validation. Repeating the same things again and again, evolving and gaining new moves. Just think about it. Anon used autism, it is super effective.
>>
>>2155542
SHIT
>>
>>2155542
holy fuck
>>
>>2155543
>>2155545
Yeah, we were the monsters all along. But the sad thing is that monster is fucking pocket sized. This is the age of pokemen.
>>
>not putting red shoes on it and dyeing its hair blue

Cmon OP get with it
>>
>>2155773
I-Im trying my best nonny
>>
>>2155037
Are there any brands of hedgehog food that are actually good for them? I keep hearing that you should feed them cat food because the hedgehog food isn't actually well formulated.
>>
>>2155811
Not to my knowledge. Cat food is probably the best way to go, as hedgehog food doesnt give them the proper nutrients.
>>
My roommate wants to get a hedgehog, but another friend says the mini ones are the only ones you can get around here, and they have short lifespans plus are riddled with cancer. Is this true? I live in the southeastern US.
>>
>>2156043
African pygmy hedgehogs (mini ones) are the only ones I have experience with, so im not sure about other kinds. Im sure you could probably get other types around here somewhere. They live between 3-8 years, so if you take care of them well they should live long. Diseases like cancer and WHS can be avoided if you get a reputable breeder, so they are generally pretty healthy.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 480x640
>>2155528
My hedgehog died immediately after I introduced him to my puppy. I guess he had a heart attack? My hedgie was almost 7 years old. RIP Boris.
>>
>>2156110
Aw, im really sorry to hear that anon
>>
Do hedgehogs really like playing with paper towel tubes ie getting their head stuck in them until they dislodge it or what? I love videos of people with hedgies putting a cardboard tube in their pen and just watching them jam their heads in, unstucking themselves and then doing it again ten seconds later.
>>
>>2156119
Yeah, ive noticed that hedgehogs really enjoy that. They are curious creatures, so i can see how a tube could be interesting to them. I usually put little bit of sweet potato in them before giving them to my hedgies and they really like it
>>
>>2156118
Thanks! I like to think he had a good life. Not a single health issue until his spontaneous death
>>
>>2156223
You killed him. He has only protection in this world - his needles. But not amount of self cuddle and
inflating can protect your heart.
>>
>>2156119
They like paper towel because of existential issues. Constantly searching an exit, a secret door if you like. And after finding one hole, they are looking at the light at the end of it. Light at the end of the long tube, vision ingrained so deep at the consciousness of each living creature. Hedgehog is sitting there and reenacting his birth trauma, where the light at the end of the tunnel is the first and ultimate experience. But he cannot move to it now, the head is stuck and the light is unreachable. He can't accept that the light is gone, he lost it and try again and again, "i want be born the second time, i will do better". He must accept that the second chance is non existent.

>>2156133
What an uninitiated ignoramus... Sweer potato of all things. How dare you interfere in sacred mysteries of life and death. There is not potato at the end of the tunnel. He must accept his current life, potato is there in the wild, go for it. Stop trying to reset things, live your life stupid hedgehog.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.