[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog attacked a Porcupine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: ryders quills.jpg (819 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ryders quills.jpg
819 KB, 1920x1080
My dog just bit a Porcupine and now has many quills stuck in her mouth and around the snout area.
I dont want to have to bring it to the vets (600$) or put it down. I was wondering if any common drugs could be used to knock it out so I can handle this myself.
>>
Yeah, it's called take it to the fucking vet you fucking retard unless you want the wounds to get infected and lose your dog.
>>
>>2154616
bring it to the vet you sick fuck 600$ is nothing when it comes to my dogs health and well-being you piece of shit
>>
Please be bait
>>
Bring her to the fucking vet. You will fuck it up, your dog is and still will be in horrible pain, plus she will most likely need antibiotics. The quills are barbed and you will most likely embed them deeper or break them. They will very likely cause infection. Plus if your dog actually fucking bit a porcupine, then its highly likely she also has them in her mouth and throat.

If it was only a couple of quills(enough to count on your finger) then fine but either take her to the vet or put her out of her misery because you can't be bothered to help.
In the future, check your yard or leash her when you let her out at dusk/night.
>>
Rip ok sounds like a good idea. I love my dog I just wanted to see if cheaper alternatives existed
>>
It's not going to cost you $600 to take your dog to the vet. Just take her.
>>
probably bait but if not, clip the quills before you try to pull them out, it relieves internal pressure. twist as you pull.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160626-132332.png (409 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160626-132332.png
409 KB, 1440x2560
>>2154616
>>
>>2154616
OP, even if you could sedate and remove the quills yourself, there's' a very high risk of infection. is your dog worth less than $600 to you?
>>
Lol, its bait
>>
It will easily get infected, and you have to remove the quills in a particular way to not fuck even more shit up.

Take her to a vet. You may need to consider an emergency vet hospital.
>>
File: killme.jpg (56 KB, 454x577) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
56 KB, 454x577
>>
>right click image
>search Google for image

alternatively

>right click
>save
>www.google.com
>images
>upload image

Save yourselves the emotional trauma.
>>
>>2154616
>outside dog
kys
>>
Serious question: in the wild, if an animal is stuck with a porcupine, won't it die?
>>
>>2156198
very likely. thats why most predators at all familiar with porcupines usually know to leave it the fuck alone.

dogs are dumb as hell though, they'll keep going for them even after being stuck repeatedly,
>>
File: 1464645720602.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
1464645720602.gif
2 MB, 360x414
https://youtu.be/4U-u4CsnygA

Watch this. It'll help you get them out. I hope your dog isn't as bad as the one in the picture.

Basically whats told in the video is:

Cut the tops
twist then pull straight out.
>>
>>2156198
First time "usually" is on the snout, since they go to smell the animal and trigger the alarm hairs and get slapped with the tail and thats enough to give like 50 quills. But if they can't get them out of their mouths they can starve. Even if they get them out they have a high chance of infection. it's very debilitating to anything that tests those quills.
>>
>>2154616
TAKE IT TO THE VET, porcupine quills are very complicated to remove
>>
Cut the ends of the quill off. And then pull them out with some needle nose pliers... Nothing you use to put are dog to sleep at home would be even remotely safe.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.