[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did the rabbit die? (could upset some people)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: Rabbit-Facts.jpg (55 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Rabbit-Facts.jpg
55 KB, 600x400
need some advice /an/

my friends 18 week old dwarf rabbit just died after they had it for three days

in the morning it had some diarrhea, then later that night it was limp and had left something looking like sarichia sauce on the floor
we gave it some water but it could barely drink, and it passed away shortly afterwards

we called the vet but they told us it was probably just indigestion

my friend said they fed it rabbit pellets, coriander stems, a Brussels sprout

they are understandably upset, but I'm trying to work out what happened so they feel less guilty
>>
They sold your friend a defective rabbit. Bring it back to the reputable retailer in which they acquired it from and demand a refund post haste.
>>
>>2154339
Did you try turning the batteries around?
>>
No way anything they did could have killed it that quickly short of stepping on it. Most likely preexisting condition.

Pet store sold them damaged bunny.
>>
>>2154346
>>2154347
>>2154353
desu did not expect this kind of humour, though I have no strong feelings about it

I just want to know what it likely died of, and if the liscenced breeder would have been aware of this when selling it to them

I can't rule out tht they just scared the shit out of a small rabit and misfed it, but I'd like to know
>>
File: IMG_20130312_191957_hdr.jpg (627 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20130312_191957_hdr.jpg
627 KB, 2048x1536
>>2154355
In 3 days theres little you can do to kill a bunny short of punting it out a window. It sounds like it either was way way too cold, Or it had some kind if bowel obstruction. Its hard to tell with the little information you gave. The food given were fine. The pellets were a bit excessive, but nothing to cause alarm. Is there any other possible information no matter how minor it seemed can be helpful. Was it pooping? How often it diarrhea? Did it urinate? Did it vomit? Was it whimpering or any distress sounds? There's alot we can use and too many possibilities for us to ask 21 questionsbto narrow down a cause.

Happier note, heres a very small bunny i rescued and released.
>>
>>2154362
GG anon

no distress sounds, it was eating the day before so Ithink bowel obstruction is ruled out

feces was odd, like tiny grains poo, not the normal round balls
I hear intestinal issues are the biggest killers by far

the red liquid on the floor has to stand out though in the way of causes, it was fairly bright red and thick

suppose we may never know, they buried it under the lettuce patch aginst my advice, because they are just going to dig it up one day and shit will be wierd
>>
>>2154362
Call it a faggot
>>
>>2154365
The red liquid is almost certainly blood. There's just no way it was something they did. Rabbits are fairly resilient and it sounds like they unfortunately received bunny at the tail end of an illness the breeder was not aware of. By resilient i mean going from assumed healthy to dead in three days is not something that happens often without something notable occuring as cause.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.