[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /an/, I was wondering if any one here owns parakeets. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 736x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 736x567
Help /an/, I was wondering if any one here owns parakeets. How do you go about feeding them treats? Specifically home made ones. Currently I chop up green beans and carrots and sprinkle them wth seeds. Other ideas?
>>
>>2154269
If you mean budgies i have three rescued ones from different backgrounds.

In spite of all coming from bad homes, jealousy works wonders - especially if one is braver than the others. They tend to try new treats to spite the others lmao. That and they like trying what i eat.
>>
i just give mine whatever and they try it, they can be weird about greens so i cook them mixed into eggs or the bird granola etc i make them but they're enthusiastic about everything else and like trying new food...

when i had two that were scared of new foods i hung them like toys, ate then offered them some or mixed them with seeds until they got over their fear and just tasted things i'd put out for them... my green cheek helped them get over their fear of new foods too
>>
Eggs? Just fried eggs? Or boiled or what? Sorry for all the questions, just really trying to give hem a variety of foods instead of just the same hints over and over.
>>
>>2154338

mine prefer scrambled eggs, i usually cut the greens really small and mix them in with some of the egg shell (clean it first, you can give them toasted egg shell too and it's good for calcium) also if they don't like a food raw they might like it cooked and vice versa so try things out...
>>
>>2154303
>>2154293
>>2154370

bird refuses to try new treats/food no matter what i do. i have multiple budgies and none of them seem interested in anything that isnt green leaves or seed
>>
>>2154581

keep giving them new food every day anyway... mix the food with what they eat, take away the greens and seed for a bit and leave the other food they've seen mixed in, if they don't taste it put the greens and seeds back... it can take time, i had a budgie who took about 8 months to start getting excited about new foods (she did try broccoli, corn, and cauliflower by then though) and it was an every day effort but eventually she was trying new foods immediately and happily eating a huge variety of things... some birds are pickier than others, but don't give up even if it seems like it's taking forever... birds (especially budgies and especially depending on where you got them) need time to warm up to shit
>>
What about fruits? What kind and how should I prepare them?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.