[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /an/, fa/tg/uy here. I'm hoping you can help me with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 7064951511_f17f31ce21_o.jpg (2 MB, 1296x864) Image search: [Google]
7064951511_f17f31ce21_o.jpg
2 MB, 1296x864
Hey /an/, fa/tg/uy here. I'm hoping you can help me with something. I've never posted on this board before so I'm coming cap in hand and know this probably isn't what the board usually covers.

In a game of D&D I'm currently in due to a series of unfortunate events one of my characters is turning into a fair folk, one of the fey, themed around predators, night and the forest.

So my GM and I have decided he'll have aspects of a super ambusher/hunter, an apex predator and king of the dark forests.

I have got no clue at all about what sort of things I could do to bring that across apart from long meat-tearing fangs and having predatory stillness about him, I'm also thinking of giving him horns to line with the classic image of the Horned Hunter.

I was wondering what sort of horns I should go for as well as other physical aspects that tend to be found in apex predators and creatures of the forest?
>>
>>2154248
When I think predators, nights, and forests I think of big cats, specifically Jaguars. I have no clue where horns fit in as they generally belong to hooves herbivores.
>>
>>2154371
Yeah I'd definitely skip the horns and go with skills like tree climbing and extreme stealth. They also tend to be sprinters instead of endurance runners so do with that as you will. Maybe a skill of being able to disappear into the shadows? It's been a while since I've played
>>
>>2154248
Have you never heard of elder scrolls? Gotta go with The cat dudes man. They are perfect for the standard thieves build and are "apex" predator type creature.
>>
yeah from the prerequisites given, I also can't help but think of some sort of great-feline. Let me add you could give the claws some special enhancements.
>>
>>2154248
King of the dark forests usually implies something stag-like. A crown of branches growing out of your head is pretty fey-like interpretation of horns and you could spin it as a bonus to stealth/camouflage.
You could also go in a different direction and take attributes from owls, like the great horned or boreal owls. They definitely rule the nighttime forests and have a distinctly arranged set of talons that'll look suitably fey when attached to more human limbs.
Or you could be cursed into a plain old moose. Nobody fucks with moose.
>>
>>2154403
Spinning off of this, instead of actual horns you could go off of the famous "horns" of owls and bobcats, which are simply tufts of fur or feathers but much more predator like.

And a night creature could have decent night vision. Bright yellow eyes or some shit. Tufts can be used to help hearing, camouflage... I don't know what else they are used for but they are cute.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.