[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rampant Pussies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12
File: fangs.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
fangs.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
friendly reminder if you are scared of any terrestrial invertebrate (especially spiders) your a quivering pussy. also arachnophobia is curable in even the most extreme cases, those who refuse to face their fear of spiders are just lazy. Real animal lovers love ALL animals.
>>
>>2153353

I have arachnaphobia.

I kill every spider I see, I dont want to but its the reaction I have instead of being a little bitch.
>>
File: 1396077478112.jpg (58 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
1396077478112.jpg
58 KB, 800x585
>no true animal lover
>>
>>2153357
arachnophobia is curable, even the most intense cases, I'm talking living your life with a broom by your side constantly to poke for webs can get over it in a day with exposure therapy.

One of the reasons I hate "arachnophobes" so much is not only cus all life is beautiful and those who refuse to respect that are disgusting. but also as someone who has dealt with an extreme phobia that very near ruined my life multiple times. I didn't get the choice to puss out. I had to deal with it. suck it up pansy.
>>
>>2153353
Someone I know is refusing to even look at shitty drawings of bugs (entomophobia), what would have been the first step to heal it I guess.
>>
File: hookworm.jpg (8 KB, 472x317) Image search: [Google]
hookworm.jpg
8 KB, 472x317
In fact this isn't just about spiders. If you hope for the extermination of a species just because you don't personally like it. you're a terrible person, even the most 'horrific' of parasites still have a beautiful and unique wealth of information coded throughout there DNA. Humans should cherish and respect all animals. Even when an animal must die any truly good person can still respect and mourn the loss of ANY kind of life.
>>
>>2153376
as long as their getting better that's what matters I wish them luck.
>>
I'm not scared of spiders, I'm scared of pain, which spiders cause.
>>
the only thing i have a phobia of are ticks and parasites, even though i hate them i wouldn't kill them simply of my dislike
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 236x354
>>2153353
House spiders and other spiders like that make me uncomfortable. Jumping spiders are definitely the bro spider of the spider world. It's like they're not even spiders, just little bros that happen to have 8 legs and like to hop around
>>
>>2153357
But that is being a little bitch.
>>
>>2153353
I'm going to continue being afraid of spiders just to spite you.
>>
>>2153516
you think being more of a pathetic coward will spite me rather than amuse me???
That sound far more fedoraish than expected
>>
>>2153518
also the word sound instead of sounded, I'm on a roll tonight!
>>
File: icon.jpg (80 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
icon.jpg
80 KB, 600x600
>this thread
Which spider PR firm are you all working for?
>>
>>2153377
Do you weep for smallpox or rinderpest?
>>
>>2153377
I agree that all animals are fascinating creatures but saying that mosquitos, ticks, fleas, parasitic worms, or anything like them shouldn't be eradicated is plain foolish.
>>
File: 1465631993102.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465631993102.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
I agree, hence why ive rescued several animals (cat, pigeon, rabbit, snakes, fish, turtle. Etc etc.) Its a hobby. I currently own two tarantulas. One B.smiti or whatever its changing to. Also a chaco golden knee spiderling, thats about the size of a nickel.
>>
I used to be so afraid of spiders that I'd burst into tears if I so much as looked at a high quality photo of one - and you're absolutely right, it is the easiest phobia to cure.

I started to frequent spider hobby sites to surround myself with spider positivity, slowly exposed myself to more and more spider photos (starting with jumping spiders), eventually started watching feeding and care videos.

They're my second favorite animal now. I love them.
>>
>>2153631
Find a female orb weaver and care for it, they're the friendliest. They won't be out in number for another couple months, but some are definitely out right now.
>>
>>2153524
I believe that if anything MUST die that samples should be taken and preserved
>>
I hate and fear dogs
>>
>>2153613
As if we humans even could truly eradicate them. I would agree by saying that feeling like they should be eradicated is perfectly natural and human, but it would be a fool's errand.
>>
>>2154067
Spiders, OTOH, eat mosquitoes, flies, etc... I leave them alone if they aren't black widows or something that pose a risk. I'll even go up and pet the big pumpkin spiders that I sometimes get.

Now roaches. Fuck those fucking motherfuckers, with their antennas gyrating around. I don't have a phobia of them, I just fucking loath them.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 276x183
>>2153353
Me and my little bro used to catch bugs for the 7 female black widows that lived in our screen porch. We saw a couple eggs hatch, just like a horror movie, massive swarm of itsy bitsy baby spiders scattering. Got bitten twice growing up but just minor swelling.
>>
>>2154154
I'm don't know how we did not die growing up. Sometimes the widows would let us hold them, only got bitten twice. We were 3/4 retards. Used to wade through river behind house and fish as groups of water moccasins swam around our legs. Used to swim in lakes that full grown gators lived in. Never fucked with snakes though.
>>
>>2154157
widows and the australian redback (which are related) often have the effects of their bites exaggerated. not that you shouldn't get medical assistance if your bitten.
>>
I truly can't comprehend arachnophobia / snake-phobia. Seriously I can't see how anyone can look at an arachnid/snake and NOT think it's cute.
>>
>>2154154
Black Widows aren't SUPER venomous, posing a risk only to the very young, old, the very weak.

They are also timid and unaggressive
>>
I was arachnophobic some time ago. I couldn't see a spider. One day, reading terraformars, I started reading about them. Now I've learned 15 families of arachnids in europe and I've given a little speak about spiders in an art-science stuff event (just for fun). Some things that scare us are because we don't even know them, or we don't know shit about them.
>>
I cured my arachnophobia by forcing myself to sit and watch a spider in my window for ten minutes every day. I still can't touch them, but I don't freak out around them anymore, and I appreciate the good work they do keeping nuisance bugs away.
>>
I am scared of Spiders and have tried many times to confront it. I can now remove them from my house with a glass and coaster. I have tried therapy twice (alongside treatment for general anxiety) and it hasn't entirely removed my fear it has enabled me to be able to look at them and move them from my house. I can stay in the same room as a Spider if it isn't moving a lot and going near me (which rarely happens), but I cannot have them in my bedroom ever. I also refuse to kill them.

I admire spiders and the fear is exciting when I research them.
>>
>>2153374
May I ask which phobia was it, anon?
>>
I'm not afraid of spiders, they just disgust me, which is why I kill them. does that make you mad OP?
>>
>>2153966
You're like the physical embodiment of the reason everything goes to shit in the Alien movies.
>>
>>2153353
Spiders are alright. But fuck you and fuck parasites.
>>
I'm only afraid of roaches.
>>
>>2153353
Just wondering. But how easy is it to keep a spider for a pet?
I don't want to handle it, just wanna see it make webs and stuff.
I'd like one where I wouldn't need a large enclosure, a 20gallon tank or less would be nice.
>>
>>2154686
You can get just about any tarantula and keep it in a 5 gallon tank. Substrate, a hide, and a water dish are all you need. Get yourself a Brachypelma or Aphonopelma of some sort. Very calm, and very easy to care for. You only have to feed them once a week or so plus you won't even have to mist the enclosure. Really cheap and incredibly simple.
>>
>>2154686
>>2154697
Also if you like webbers, check out Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) tarantulas. Same care plus they web a LOT and they're blue.
>>
>People who have never experienced a phobia acting as if they have any idea what they're talking about
Yeah, it's real easy to say that shit when you're not affected by the condition in question, you jackass. You can't just hypothetically claim that you'd act a certain way if you had a condition that you don't, and then pretend that makes you better than all the people who actually have that condition.
>>
I kill these fuckers, everyone I see
>>
>>2154588
ridiculously intense social phobia, bit difficult to function when i used to be to scared to talk to my own grandparents
>>
>>2154735
literally just said I've dealt with an intense phobia.
>>
>>2153518
Whether or not you feel amused by his action has no correlation with whether it is to spite you. The condition of spite is on the end of the giver not the receiver. He his doing it to spite you, therefore you have been spited.

Now if he said he was doing it to piss you off and you are not Pissed off then you'd have a point.
>>
>>2153353
Yeah spiders are cute. I have arachnophobia but idc if spiders dwell inside my home. These guys are solid bros, catching all those nasty mosquitos that roam my area during summer. My room has to spiders, both keep it very bugfree. So they can stay. And because of the fact that all spiders eat these flying fuckers, all newcomers can also stay.
>>
>>2154739
You're a turk hater?
>>
File: 5025316649_b6a43eea3c_z.jpg (220 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
5025316649_b6a43eea3c_z.jpg
220 KB, 512x640
THESE FUCKERS

YOU ARE DISTRACTED FOR 1 SECOND DURING A HIKE AND BAM THEY'RE LITERALLY RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE

spiders are cool, but im terrified of these guys doing like an alien movie face hugger thing to my face
>>
>>2154002
Haha classic Achmed!
>>
>>2154803
And what makes you think yours was as intense as the "pussies" you belittle here? There are many varying degrees of phobias, just because yours was at a level where you could easily overcome it does not mean that everyone's is.
>>
>>2153634
YES, THIS.

I cured my intense arachnophobia with a qt Silver Argiope, they're chill as fuck. By now I've handled over 50 and never got bit.
>>
>>2154875
They do nothing, they're very scaredy spiders. Worst case they'll run on you for a bit then jump off.
Handling them is super hard, they generally hate the feeling of walking on humans and try to get away.
>>
>>2155034
Not that guy but clearly you are wrong. At no point did it sound easy. You're assumption is as bad as his. TL;DR your logic imploded
>>
I like jumping spiders they are bros and the only spider I let inside my house. All the webmakers go outside generally in my garden so my dogs dont get to them or vice versa if its a brown recluse.
>>
>>2155056
Saying "the only reason not to do X is you're just lazy" implies that it's something easy enough for everyone to do without too much trouble.
>>
>>2155259
That's the thing though, it actually isn't much trouble to overcome arachnophobia. People with the most hardcore can't even leave the house spider phobias have overcome it in a single day.
>>
>>2155283
First of all.

Most people dislikes spiders based on appearance, and it's true that some kind of peaceful contact it's enough to change their perception about them, but that's not arachnophobia.

That's just beign a pussy, phobias are irrational fears that produce aggitation, sweat and hyperventilation, some psychologists would said that those are the extreme cases, but those are the same psychologists that claim that ADHD it's an epidemic.

In those extreme cases the fear it's not completely related to the spider itself but a complex chain of experiences and fears, and that cannot be solved in a day I doubt that anyone with real arachnophobia would be on /an/ given the fact that sometimes people in here post pictures of spiders and that's enough to scare them.
>>
>>2153613
Mosquitos are absolutely irreplaceable.
Getting rid of them would destroy a huge part of the lacustrine ecosystem, if not all of it.
>>
>>2155296
http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2012/05/spider-phobia.html
>>
>>2154157
>Used to wade through river behind house and fish as groups of water moccasins swam around our legs
>Never fucked with snakes

Pick one.
>>
Arachnophobia is a movie that fucked up my 5 year old self up good when it first came out 25+ years ago, so I blame that. I still freeze up/move to the other room when I see one doing its thing. I don't attempt to kill them, just try to do other shit to distract myself.

At least the pics & videos of the really tiny spiders are cute.
>>
I have this really weird phobia for slow flying things or things that can hover in one place like mosquitoes and bees. It's not just limited to insects either, but they're the most prominent
>>
Just saying a single day isn't always enough. I've been working on my arachnophobia for years but I still won't go near or be in the same room as one.

I grew up on a farm and never had an issue until I moved into the suburbs and woke up one morning to a nice fat wolf spider crawling around my mouth.

So don't just assume we want to be afraid of the fuckers.
>>
>>2155422
Get someone to guide you through therapy
Look at the study >>2155317 linked
>>
>>2155421
Grow a nut.
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1242x2208
I had arachnophobia up until a week ago. I got stung by a Scorpion and it was the most painful thing I've ever felt. The next 2 days I couldn't walk and I was frightened to walk around the house. I realized that moving to a desert area, arachnids are a part of life. I bought a black light and decided to hunt the fuckers down. So far I've killed around 40 in my yard and 5 in my garage. Fuck them, I shouldn't feel scared walking around my own house.
>>
>>2153367
i want to love that spider sexually, if you catch my drift
>>
>>2153353
It's a natural reaction you fucking nigger. We fear spiders because over the years of evolution we equated them with venomous. Same with people and snakes. Go outside! Learn some things!
>>
>>2155670
it's not/we don't/quit assuming you have a reason for all the dumb shit you do
>>
>>2155581
>spends 2 days on a scorp genocide after getting stung by one

kek, in no way does that qualify as overcoming your fear. If I went around murdering clowns to console myself, it would probably mean I'm still scared of them
>>
>>2154257
well that's one thing terraformars is good for, you learn some shit about semi-obscure and interesting animals.
>>
>>2155034
you ever broke down and cried at the mere thought of spiders? Ever attempted suicide because of your fear of spiders? Ever ran away from spiders hyperventilating for two blocks? Ever spent your entire life being told by others to suck it up and that you were selfish for being scared? ever been committed to a psyche ward because of your fear of spiders? Ever cried your self to sleep because of the thought that the next day you might have to deal with a spider? Ever had a break down at in a group meeting about overcoming arachnophobia because what if THEY'RE SPIDERS TOO? My fear of people has made my life hell. I was so scared of people that literally NOTHING could scare me other than people. I and the multiple trained professionals I've met with can all agree. Even now I still have panic attacks out of nowhere. Fuck you anon, from the bottom of my heart fuck you. I may be a coward but at least I've been trying to be brave. and that's the least you can do too.
>>
i respect all animals regardless of what they are. its hard for me to kill any animal based on my respect for all animals/plants.
>>
I have a wasp/yellow jacket phobia and irrational hate for them, or whatever the fuck it is. Every time I see one near my house, I run like a bitch. Almost died 2 times because anaphylaxis.
>>
>>2153353
I'm ok with spiders, but then again, I live in a place where spiders can't hurt humans.
>>
File: 1302702466393.jpg (88 KB, 595x426) Image search: [Google]
1302702466393.jpg
88 KB, 595x426
>Be child
>Find spider
>"Be free, spiderbro!"
>Fucker bites me
>Spider venom pumped into my hand
>It's designed to fucking dissolve insects for digestion
>Cells around bite area start melting
>Hurts like fuck
>Can't neutralise it like a bee/wasp sting
>For days I have a sore, itchy, painful blister in bite area
>Never liked spiders since
>Fuck you, spiderbro

I still catch them and let them go, but I'm always wary now.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.