[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I need advice. So, I put my new betta fish in a 3 gallon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: panic-button-320x3091.jpg (14 KB, 320x309) Image search: [Google]
panic-button-320x3091.jpg
14 KB, 320x309
Guys, I need advice. So, I put my new betta fish in a 3 gallon tank yesterday, and today I decided to feed it. The problem was, it wouldn't eat. After consulting google, I learned that betta fish have to get used to their tank before they will eat, and that usually takes a few days.

As a person with severe anxiety disorder, every worst case senario popped into my head. It could starve, and I'm extra worried because my betta is an adolesent, and is still growing. But if I leave the food in the tank, it will pollute the water. But I am cycling my tank, so frequent water changes are necessary. Can you /an/ons talk some sense into me, and possibly give me advice to get my fish to eat?
>>
File: images-1.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>
>>2153002
What is that and is it relevant
>If yes
But why
>If no
Leave
>>
>>2153004
If your parents never did "Here comes the plaaane!! Nyooooom" to get you to eat squash or whatever the hell, they didn't love you
>>
>>2152987
You can lead a fish to pellets but you can't make him eat, though you could try live food like bloodworms, bettas love those.

To ease your mind, though, bettas in the wild live in tropical floodplains that routinely flood and dry up, flood and dry up, etc., etc.. This means that during the dry times, they are often left periodically without food. Because of this, bettas are able to survive for up to 14 days without eating. He'll be fine, he's just getting used to his new crib. Don't sweat it.
>>
Fish have extremely efficient metabolisms and can go days without eating. Please don't be one of those retards who anthromorphizes them and dumps food in the water because "what if they're hungry :(". It'll ruin the water quality real fast, especially in such a tiny tank (honestly too small). Feed once a day and only a tiny amount, a Bettas stomach is the size of its eyeball.
>>
In my experience my bettas all would eat if i used a mirror and made them gill flare, it made them wake up and be more active.
>>
>>2153070
Fuck off. Pet store betta are domestic pets. Wild betta can also jump 4+ feet to a new pool

>>2153073
This guy is correct. Feed him about 2-4 pellets a day

>>2152987
Op. You are doing everything right. If he doesn't eat in the next few days boil some shelled peas and throw them in his tank and chill with him. Also bettas like to be talked to so just chill and talk to him (put him on your desk or somewhere you spend a lot of time.)

If you have any questions ask away. I start work soon though so I won't be able to answer for awhile
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.