[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Goldy of 2 years died this morning. We got him when he was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (886 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
886 KB, 2448x2448
My Goldy of 2 years died this morning.

We got him when he was little and has lived a good life as the last fish to lie from our original aquarium.

He's not fully dead yet, his gills are still breathing but his mouth has stopped working.

What's is the best way to send off my old friend to the afterlife?
>>
>>2152929
Space program?
I'm being serious.
>>
>>2152933
I don't have money for a space progran
>>
>>2152935
Oh it's only $1.50 or $2.
Bury him it is. Don't flush him, you'll feel like an asshole afterwards.
>>
>>2152929
Take him to a lake or pond or other large body of water. Lay him gently on a small raft of twigs, or plank of wood, and cover him in his family's shroud. Send him on his journey to valhalla across the open waters, somberly chanting the ancient rite. Descend a volley of flaming arrows upon him, igniting his corporeal form and lighting his way to the afterlife.
>>
>>2153041
what a vivid description (pun intented)
>>
Stick a firecracker through his mouth, light it, and then his remains will be scattered across the universe.
>>
>He's not fully dead yet, his gills are still breathing but his mouth has stopped working.

There's still a chance he can be saved, dude.

What are your water parameters?
>>
>>2153109

Btw if you don't know them, I would do like a 75% water change with dechlorinated water (temperature matched).

In the new water, dissolve some salt. I'd recommend adding enough salt (pre-dissoved in the new water) to bring the salinity up to 1 teaspoon per gallon.

I have seen fish that were lying on the bottom of the tank gasping for breath eventually recover.
>>
Let the fish become a part of you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV0YNtFayEw
>>
>>2153116
I'm trying this now will report back.

Fish is still intact, no signs of rotting or skin turning white and flaky.
>>
>>2153140
take him to the vet
>>
guys... He's not moving....
>>
File: 1445218370098.gif (2 MB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
1445218370098.gif
2 MB, 640x346
>>2153208
>>
>>2153140
Your fish probably has swim bladder issues. If you dont treat it now you might as well knock him on the head (as in literally).

You can either allow him a salt bath / dip to alleviate pressure on the organ, seek over the counter medicine (most don't work) or try feeding him garden peas / live bloodworm or not feed him at all to again alleviate pressure.

I'll be honest it probably wont get better :(
>>
File: large (1).gif (403 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
large (1).gif
403 KB, 500x283
>>2153208
>>
a lion head goldfish dying at 2 years? He must have been really sick or born with a defect, or maybe you just didnt take good care of him? if its the goldfish type i think it is, he should have lived for at least 13 more years...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.