[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why? Any ideas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_2944.jpg (519 KB, 1548x1161) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2944.jpg
519 KB, 1548x1161
Why? Any ideas?
>>
>starts to grow
>goes where there is sunlight
>suddenly higher than all the little shrubs
>start growing strait up
>>
Maybe they were affected by heavy winds when they were small, or gradual soil movement over time? Trees can look pretty gnarled and dumb when they've had to adapt to being pushed around and moved
>>
File: IMG_2933.jpg (738 KB, 1386x1848) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2933.jpg
738 KB, 1386x1848
>>2152861
If so, why such thing isn`t common?
>>2152887
Probably you`re right. I found out that there was a tornado 40 years ago.
>>
You know, people could have done this intentionally, right?

Quite common in the past when wood was used much more as a building material.
>>
Where was this pic taken?
I can tell you that the tribes in the western parts of the US used to bend over trees and put rocks on them to make them grow similarly to these, others are tied into knots. Supposedly they were used as site markers or the like so that the people would know where they were/ could find resources again
I.e.: oh hey, it's the double knotted tree, water can be found in the direction that it has been pushed to grow in.
>>
if it's in the base it's environmental and if it's in the top it's usually caused by a large bird nest i.e storks.
>>
File: crooked-forest.jpg (52 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
crooked-forest.jpg
52 KB, 550x367
Shipwrights need arching pieces of wood for the ships' ribs.
>>
it's actually flooding

>start to grow
>flood
>stem still weak
>water pushes stem towards an angle
>sunlight in opposite direction
>gotta get that sweet photon
>tree bends towards sunlight
>>
>>2154115
this.
other possibilities are avalanche or wind knocking the trees over but not killing them.

or landslide.

any way you look at it, it's some action that knocks a bunch of small trees over in the same direction all at once.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.