[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a dog? There aren't any animal shelters within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1465331000246.jpg (206 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1465331000246.jpg
206 KB, 720x960
How do I get a dog?
There aren't any animal shelters within 60 miles and I want a puppy to raise.
[spoiler]I just want to love an animal that will love me. I want a friend.[/spoiler]
>>
Buy one from a reputable breeder?

You're looking at a 10+ year commitment, if you have to drive a few hours to the breeder it's still worth it. If you can't afford a purebred pup you can't afford a dog to begin with.
>>
>>2152239
I'll be your friend. I could use one or two in my life.
>>
>>2152241
>If you can't afford a purebred pup you can't afford a dog to begin with.
ebin baid
>>
>>2152239
You'll probably want to try and determine a breed that is a good match for you.

Are you lazy or do you run a couple miles a day?
Can you afford to take the dog to the vet for regular checkups and shots?
Can you afford to pay for emergencies? My dog had a slab fracture of one of her molars and in the end it cost me over $500 to get it pulled out.
Have you ever had a dog before?
Have you ever trained a dog before? (Probably want an easier to train dog)
Can you afford a startup cost of at minimum a few hundred? (Kennel, food bowls, leash, collar, name tag, vet checkup, shots, stool sample, initial puppy food, dog toys, poop bags, any dog treats or chews, poop/pee stain remover I am probably missing some)
Can you afford the monthly cost? (Heartworm prevention, flea and tick prevention, food, any treats or chews, any toys destroyed, poop bags)
If you get a puppy are you ready to deal with it pooping and peeing in the house?
If renting can you afford to potentially lose a security deposit? Can you afford to pay the pet fee and deposit that are potentially non refundable (Some places charge 250$ each). Can you afford to pay an extra 25-100$ monthly fee additionally?

Are you willing to take the dog out when the weather is crappy?
Are you willing to go to puppy classes or interactions so you don't get a mean unsocialized dog?
Are you going to train your dog so you have a well behaved dog?
Are you ready to lose sleep for the first week or more because the puppy cries at night, either because it misses its siblings or it has to go out?
Is someone going to let it out during the day while you are gone at work or school? (Puppies shouldnt be locked up for 8 straight hours, they cant hold it that long)
Are you willing to be patient with your pup/dog and not hit it or yell at it because it doesn't understand what you want?

Dogs and puppies are wonderful if you find the right one, but they are not easy.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.