[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is my first time on this board so i'm sorry if this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
This is my first time on this board so i'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but can anyone help me identify this fish (its qwerty from mr robot, if that helps)

I want to buy my first fish and thought this one was cool.
Couldnt find anything on google.
>>
File: CS-7dhqWcAEBPf8.jpg (10 KB, 540x301) Image search: [Google]
CS-7dhqWcAEBPf8.jpg
10 KB, 540x301
I'll post some better pics, that ones a bit blurry.
Not that this ones any better
>>
Its a beta
Are you actually retarded?
>>
File: black-fish.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
black-fish.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1440
Found a good one
>>
>>2152044
>>2152047

that's a run-of-the-mill Veil Tail Betta. You can get then for $3-5 at Walmart
>>
>>2152048
Do you mean a betta?
Kinda ironic

And I know nothing about fish, so yes I am an idiot with fish.
>>
>>2152051
Thank you, I can do some research on them.
>>
>>2152054
godspeed, bettanon

One thing, if you DO get a betta please make sure its tank is at LEAST 2.5 gallons
>>
>>2152052
Shh beta
>>
>>2152058
I dont even know if where you can get them here, I live in the uk, which is probably why I didnt have a clue what it was.

I always thought the tank he had it in on Mr Robot was tiny but apparently they dont need much space.
>>
>>2152058
2.5 gal? Thats still a bit small for a betta. I'd advise a 5 gal min. Most betta freaks will tell you to put it in a 10 gal and fill it with plants. But 5 gal is sufficient enough and stable enough for long term. I'd grow some plants in it too of it were my betta. If hes a calm one and you have enough decoration or plants you can get a few amano shrimp for the bottom.
>>
>>2152062
>I don't even know if where you can get them here
pretty much anywhere.
>>
Do you lads think it would be better to start with a cold water fish?
Like a black moor or something or are these easy to look after?
>>
>>2152079
bettas are easier than goldfish
>>
>>2152044
Have you ever been to a pet store?
>>
>>2152083
Went to pets at home a few times, never had any of them.
>>
>>2152085
they're in cups on the shelf next to the aquariums.
>>
>>2152100
In cups? Why?

I am a bit worried about getting one of these cause of the heater, I am worried i'd mess up the temperature and upset it.
>>
>>2152101
>In cups? Why?
because they'd fight in an aquarium and they sell faster than than die mostly.
aquarium heaters have either one knob you calibrate once or nothing.
>>
>>2152079
British people are subhuman.
Please take your shitty generals to >>>/soc/

Also, fish can't take care of fish, you beta.
>>
>>2152101
Just get a 5 gal. Get a crown tail or halfmoon betta fish you can find at 99% of places that sell freshwater aquarium fish. The get a preset heater (it says on box the set temp) these are usually dedicated to tanks 10 gal and under. Then you look for a small filter the ones that hang off the side into the tank will be easier to deal with. Then you get a sticker thermometer for the tank. Get some flourish root tabs, some aquarium sand of your choice (or pool filter sand for natural colors) and get some plants like anubias variants some crypts variants, you can add some bacopa for some stem plants. And id get a marimo moss ball. Then you get a bottle of nitrifying bacteria and follow the directions for amounts to use. Now go home and put everything together and get the tank running (notice you didn't buy the fish) I'd let it run for about an hour then put the nitrifying bacteria in and let the tank cycle for minimum of 24hours but id say 2-4 days and you can test your parameters and they should be fine and you go get your fish then start the acclamation process. And vwala you gave yourself a fish buddy in a awesome semi-self cleaning tank. You can add some shrimps or possibly a nerite snail for clean up. If you get algae growth lower feedings and shorten light hours.
>>
>>2152109
Cant help where I was born can I?
Anyone who spends there time on 4chan is subhuman, so you are in no place to judge?
>>
>>2152120
Alright thanks man.

>>2152102
Oh right that makes sense, gonna order a tank tonight.
>>
>>2152067

>Most betta freaks

The standard recommendation from "betta freaks" is 5 gallons, the only time 10's really come up is when people are talking about a community tank or something.

That being said, the bigger the tank the easier it is to keep properly stabilized. Particularly for a beginner, keeping something under 10G within correct parameters can be tough simply because there's not enough water to remain consistent. Plus with a 10+ you have some stocking options in case you ever want to expand past a single betta. In a 5G, not so much.
>>
File: fish.jpg (298 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
298 KB, 900x900
Alright ordered everything lads, gets here saturday and then im getting one of these 3 fish on monday

not sure which one
>>
>>2152067
2.5 is the absolute minimum. Bigger is always better but at LEAST 2.5 gallons is what I was saying
>>
>>2152257
if money isnt an issue for you then get something fancier. Check out Ebay, Amazon or hell, Aquabid? Get yourself a Showfish
>>
>>2152408
Money is a bit off an issue, not that I cant afford to look after it just not got loads of it. And I do not like that in the picture, scary looking. no pet shops near me sell them, theres 3 in a 40 mile radius and I asked them all so I am having to order one, I'll be happy to just finally have one desu
>>
File: fwbettashm1466651872.jpg (251 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
fwbettashm1466651872.jpg
251 KB, 800x800
>>2152408
Just found this one on aquabid and its adorable, wish I was American. You got any yourself?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.