[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /an/, I have an older cat, about 12 years old. She has just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: 1466344917533.jpg (75 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
1466344917533.jpg
75 KB, 638x960
Sup /an/, I have an older cat, about 12 years old. She has just been to the vet who gave her a full checkup and ran tests and said she was in perfect health. Why, then, does she sit in her litter box doing absolutely nothing and go in it over and over again?
>>
Did you mention to the vet that your cat was doing that?

Maybe she just likes the feeling of kitty litter on her butt
>>
File: 1465344146581.gif (2 MB, 310x320) Image search: [Google]
1465344146581.gif
2 MB, 310x320
Op again, adding she has been vocalizing a lot lately, especially upon waking, which I know can be a sign of memory issues or even Alzheimer's. She has an appointment with a different vet soon, I'm not one of' those' people.
>>
File: 1465872224264.gif (2 MB, 360x338) Image search: [Google]
1465872224264.gif
2 MB, 360x338
>>2151023
Yup, told her every quirk, and this is our usual vet so she knows the cat well. Cat is drinking, eating, voiding properly.
>>
Different vet is probably the best option. When our cat started pissing everywhere the vet took blood and urine sample and told us everything from "He's just old" to "Kidney disease"

After nearly two months of yowling and wetting the bed in his sleep we went to a different vet who found a tumor pushing on his bladder. Unfortunately it was too late to do anything by that point.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.