[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yulin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: issue20.jpg (94 KB, 736x503) Image search: [Google]
issue20.jpg
94 KB, 736x503
It's my fucking birthday. My birthday is a thousand year old dog torture tradition. Please help out guys:
stopyulinforever.org
>>
you can't torture a dog.
>>
>>2151043
yes you can.
>>
>>2151043
Yes you can if you're trying to interrogate it for valuable information
>>
>>2151018
Have you considered respecting others' traditions and not being a whiny twat?
>>
>>2151018
Hey it's my birthday too.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 635x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 635x460
>>2151181
>he's a cultural relativist
>>
>>2151181
A strong part of my cultural tradition is about shitting on other cultural traditions though.
>>
It's 2016, and that website is pure cancer on a mobile phone.
>>
>>2151181
What if my tradition was torture of humans?
>>
>>2151181

>respecting animal torture

Oh boy.
>>
Hey you know that thing we do that everybody else in the world thinks is cruel and stupid? Let's make it a festival!

China don't care.
>>
>>2151046
dogs don't feel pain so they can't be tortured.
>>
I'm not even a vegetarian/vegan, but what's the difference between this and factory farming cows and pigs? It's hypocritical. They're tortured too. If you're gonna shout animal rights do it for all of them.
>>
>>2151423
Factory farming is one of the only ways we can meet the demands for meat in developing countries. Unless we don't want them to have that.

I think it provides such a benefit that regulated factory farming is a good thing overall.

The only benefits this tradition has are emotional unless prove otherwise.
>>
>Chinese """"""people"""""""
>>
>>2151423
Pretty sure they've designed factory slaughter to be as painless as possible. Not that it stops the humans working there from being asses but still.
>>
>>2151423
Some people have raised the argument that some of these dogs are pets that have been stolen from their owners because some of them have collars on. It's not like the cow that made your steak was someone's stolen pet. I think this is the only argument I've heard that can't be compared to factory farming.
>>
>>2151423
2 reasons

As awful as factory farming is, these are killed worse fairly often.

A -lot- of them are stolen pets, because it is cheaper to steal dogs than to raise them.
>>
>>2151181
Please be >bait<
>>
>>2151018
The Chinese officially deserve everything that's happened to them.
>>
>>2151423

As bad as factory farming is, it's not this level, and if you think it is you're uneducated.
>>
>>2151360
It isn't though. Just dogs.
>>
>>2151360
Youd be welcomed as a refugee in any western country
>>
>>2151018
People wouldn't care half as much if it weren't dogs, but less popular animals. Like rats, or pigs.
>>
>>2151429
>>2151615
>>2151691
>>2151711
wishful thinking
>>
>>2151043
WHERE IS THE BOMB LASSIE

WHERE IS IT?!
>>
File: Screenshot_20160622-185137.png (1 MB, 997x1354) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160622-185137.png
1 MB, 997x1354
>>2151018
>much Twitter activism
>>
>>2151710
This.
>>
>>2151907
No shit, got any other insightful opinions?
>>
hey post it on reddit im sure they will care :^)
>>
>>2151018
Yeah, they should focus more on torturing dirty pigs, like civilised people.

Haven't they learned that the dog is a cute animal, and that it's objectively wrong to eat it?
>>
>>2151423
All animals are equal, but some are more equal
>>
Screw dogs....people only care about yulin because it's cute doggos and you are a hypocrite if you hate this but think factory farming of pigs and cattle is OK.....also, I don't give a rat's ass what they do on the other side of the world
>>
>>2151907
There was a huge uproar with a small 'festival' in Texas that killed rattle snakes. It just needs to be brutal enough and viral enough to catch on.

The problem with factory farming is it is extremely difficult to get videos of bad factory farming that isn't linked to an animal rights group, so people cry PETA. Animals in a factory are dispatched before slaughter. It's easier to do the rest afterwards, as it is safer and leads to better meat (bad bruising VA thrashing can make shitmeat.) Now whether or not that happens, the public doesn't actually see it, or if they do, it's PETA footage no one takes seriously. You'd also have to keep in mind food is a giant part of our lives, especially meat. It would be easier to ask people to switch to an alternative than Change their lifestyle all together.
>>
>>2152185
Remember Kony 2012?
>>
>>2152243
Yep

Normies ruin everything
>>
>>2151429
>not understanding that it's been proven to be not only more environmentally viable but also economically viable to live off of plants.
>>
>>2152231
>There was a huge uproar with a small 'festival' in Texas that killed rattle snakes.
The still do it every year, no uproar.
>>
>>2151615
this isn't true, many first world countries kill pigs with gas that gives them a slow painful death, despite being marketed as the humane option. animals in these environments are treated based on what is most economically viable. They often outright ignore animal cruelty laws because the industry is so fucking large and generates so much revenue that people in power turn a blind eye to it.
>>
>>2151360
Then we'd allow millions of you and your fellow refugees into our countries and celebrate how progressive we are when muhammad becomes the most popular name for newborns
>>
>>2151423

We don't have a fucking festival celebrating factory farming.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.